Need your help, kickstarter content

rhino55

• Members

I dunno, but wouldn't a forum full of bands trying to make money to fund their own projects be the wrong place to go to try and find funding for your own?

This forum is a great place for moral support, sharing information, ideas and experiences.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope you can achieve your goal.

• Members

I dunno, but wouldn't a forum full of bands trying to make money to fund their own projects be the wrong place to go to try and find funding for your own?

This forum is a great place for moral support, sharing information, ideas and experiences.

I do wish you the best of luck and hope you can achieve your goal.

:thu:

me too

• Members

Here's the thing about Kickstarter: it's great if you have an already-paying support network.

From my close analysis of several project on Kickstarter, it's clear that the musical projects get funded by family, friends, and coworkers. And, if you're a pretty girl, then all the creepy old men in your life who want to {censored} you will also chip in.

(Incidentally, I went out with a girl like that. She's an "actress," and she told me a story of how she essentially let a dirty old man get all up on her, in the hopes she would score a successful audition. She failed.)

But yeah, back to Kickstarter. If you get funded, it'll come from your family, friends, and coworkers----so you better go ask them first, instead of us here. Honestly, this is the wrong crowd.

But good luck!

• Members

Here's the thing about Kickstarter: it's great if you have an already-paying support network.

From my close analysis of several project on Kickstarter, it's clear that the musical projects get funded by family, friends, and coworkers. And, if you're a pretty girl, then all the creepy old men in your life who want to {censored} you will also chip in.

(Incidentally, I went out with a girl like that. She's an "actress," and she told me a story of how she essentially let a dirty old man get all up on her, in the hopes she would score a successful audition. She failed.)

But yeah, back to Kickstarter. If you get funded, it'll come from your family, friends, and coworkers----so you better go ask them first, instead of us here. Honestly, this is the wrong crowd.

But good luck!

Thanks for the protip

• Members

Word(s) of advice: while you can, REMOVE ALL THE CONTRIBUTION OPTIONS BELOW $10. Ran a successful kickstarter campaign myself and that is definitely something I wish someone had told me. If someone is willing to give you $1, they'll be willing to give you $10.

Great point. I'm open to any amount people are willing to give. The way I see it. $1 is better than no $

• Members

:thu:

me too

I'm sure you'll do fine, find the proper channels and achieve your goals, after all, even if it doesn't get you much, what have you lost by taking three seconds to paste your message into this forum?

In a way I rather envy you in that your only problem is trying to raise money. What I need is more free time and I can't buy that!

Archived