Sunglasses on stage

Kramerguy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm going to say with complete confidence and without apology we rock: shorts, sunglasses, keytars, santa suits, blond wigs, headbands, viking hats, burger king masks, tranny pumps, cheerleader outfits....

When you're 'selling' good times to the masses there's really little that really makes you seem that pretentious.

• Members

Its pretty much a signature look for our bass player. I guess he pulls it off lol

Down here the sunglass thing is a fashion thing almost. You see people wearing them on top of their head . above the visor on ball hats ,, backwards hangin from their necks. hat on backwards with the shades upside down on the visor. hangin around there necks. But then every day is pretty much sunny here ,, and people tend to go to the bars right from the beach

• Moderators

I'm going to say with complete confidence and without apology we rock: s
horts, sunglasses, keytars, santa suits, blond wigs, headbands, viking hats, burger king masks, tranny pumps, cheerleader outfits....

When you're 'selling' good times to the masses there's really little that really makes you seem that pretentious.

I'm good with all that except the keytar.

• Members

For me it's a honest question- The reason I ask is simply that I used to suffer stagefright like nobody's business. I overcame it, but still have a hard time looking directly at people. I don't worry too much about it simply because I'm not the frontman, but I do most solos now and I've noticed that almost every gig picture taken of me- I'm looking down at my hands. I'm well past the point where I need to do that, but realized that I do it because I'm still stage-shy. I figured maybe wearing shades might help me cope with the looking ppl directly in the eye thing.

So far, I've been treating the problem with massive amounts of beer and that seems to work pretty well, lol.

• Moderators

For me it's a honest question- The reason I ask is simply that I used to suffer stagefright like nobody's business. I overcame it, but still have a hard time looking directly at people. I don't worry too much about it simply because I'm not the frontman, but I do most solos now and I've noticed that almost every gig picture taken of me- I'm looking down at my hands. I'm well past the point where I need to do that, but realized that I do it because I'm still stage-shy. I figured maybe wearing shades might help me cope with the looking ppl directly in the eye thing.

The old "look at the exit sign at the back of the room" trick works pretty well for me.

• Members

I wish I could find this for you, but my guitar player showed me this pyramid chart thing once about overcoming stagefright. It was pretty cool actually. The top of the pyramid involved the kind of thing you're talking about here. I think "eye contact" was a block down or so, but the very top was about guys like Jim Morrison and such that are just completely engaged and fearless.

• Moderators

I am not above wearing sunglasses at night

So you can, so you can express your inner Corey Hart?

I wear my sunglasses at night

so I can

so I can

Watch you weave then breath your story lines.

And I wear my sunglasses at night

so I can

so I can

Keep track of the visions in my eyes.

Archived