Top three quotes from last night!

mstreck

• Members

Even though the skies opened up when we pulled in the parking lot, last night was another win for us - great crowd, great show, etc. I started to write a summary, but it was getting pretty long. Instead I'll post my three favorite (and 100% unprompted) quotes from the night.

Before the show - "I promised my brother that I was going to see his band tonight, then I found out you guys were playing here."

During the show - "I heard you guys were good, but I didn't think you were going to be THAT good!"

After the show - "We're going to start paying you guys $100 more - starting tonight."

Guess which one is my favorite! :cool:

• Members

I like all three! :thu:

A related experience I'd like to share (but not enough to start a new thread over, so I'll simply hi-jack yours if you don't mind....) that might belong more in the "small world" department...

We're getting ready to play a wedding reception in Guerneville, CA (near the coast an hour or so north of San Francisco) when this girl comes up and says to me "oh my God, it IS you guys! I was a bridesmaid at the wedding you guys played a couple of weeks ago in Sun Valley, Idaho and I was just telling the bride 'it's too bad you didn't hire the band who played THAT wedding! THEY were great! But she DID hire you!"

What are the odds that we'd play for a girl who is a bridesmaid at two separate weddings three weeks and 800 miles apart? The girl must be a professional bridesmaid or something.....

• Members

I like all three!
:thu:

A related experience I'd like to share (but not enough to start a new thread over, so I'll simply hi-jack yours if you don't mind....) that might belong more in the "small world" department...

We're getting ready to play a wedding reception in Guerneville, CA (near the coast an hour or so north of San Francisco) when this girl comes up and says to me "oh my God, it IS you guys! I was a bridesmaid at the wedding you guys played a couple of weeks ago in Sun Valley, Idaho and I was just telling the bride 'it's too bad you didn't hire the band who played THAT wedding! THEY were great! But she DID hire you!"

What are the odds that we'd play for a girl who is a bridesmaid at two separate weddings three weeks and 800 miles apart? The girl must be a professional bridesmaid or something.....

Hahahaha!!! That's great!

Archived