If a forum user asks for help, is that spamming?

vertigo_

• Members

205992_190764574318174_115704691824163_5

I usually don't do this. But I really need all the help. I have been a member of this forum for long time. Even though I don't post all the time, but I check out whats going on.

My Alt-Rock Band - Aduro is in a competition to play at "Live at the Vineyard", Napa, Capa. If we win this, we get to play with huge industry acts and get our music heard in a way that we can't imagine.

We really need help from everyone for this. All you have to do is to:

1) DOWNLOAD our FREE TRACK(House of Cards) by clicking the Link below...

2) You MUST "Like" Aloft Hotels and Allow it when asked for the VOTE to count

Voting ends on Oct 15th, so please spread the word and you can only vote once.

http://alofthotels.sonicbids.com/BandDetails.aspx?b=29127&bn=Aduro

I hope you like our music too.

Thanks,

V

• Members

Probably, but that's okay with me. I confess. I probably won't be voting, because a lot of bands I'm sure would love the opportunity as well.

I just want to give a bit of advice: Should you win, don't count on it being your big break. Maybe the right person will be impressed. It's possible, but not probable. So forget about the great exposure and just have fun and enjoy the moment.

Best of luck!

• Members

Hate to be the naysayer, but my originals band spent the better part of 2009-2010 competing in these types of events. Most of them are BS.

A lot of these you have to join or be a member of sonicbids for, and then they charge you an application fee, then they use half the money to put on a BS winners concert and some {censored}ty prizes, and pocket the other half, leaving the winners and losers alike no further in their career than before.

Maybe this one is different.. I used to think that way, but after two years of disappointments and wasted $$, I think I learned a pretty good lesson about "contests".

• Members

Hate to be the naysayer, but my originals band spent the better part of 2009-2010 competing in these types of events. Most of them are BS.

Yeah, I noticed it wouldn't let me vote unless I approved the release of my personal info....nope. Sorry.

• Members

A lot of these you have to join or be a member of sonicbids for, and then they charge you an application fee, then they use half the money to put on a BS winners concert and some {censored}ty prizes, and pocket the other half, leaving the winners and losers alike no further in their career than before.

Maybe this one is different.. I used to think that way, but after two years of disappointments and wasted $$, I think I learned a pretty good lesson about "contests".

Yes.

Archived