Anyone doin' "Pumped Up Kicks"??

jayare

• Members

Really? I do this song regularly. Granted I live in a "College Town" so I have the hipsters and indie kids scrambling for this. I also play with while stomping a tambourine and I pick up the tempo a little bit. Its one of my most frequent requests right now.

• Members

Amazing. freaking amazing.

I'm listening, (time #1) - and I'm thinking - "what crap is this?".

I'm listening again, (time #2) - and I'm thinking, "what CRAP is this, again, that they said I should listen to?"

I'm listening again, (time #3) I'm thinking, "what crap is this, it is actually catchy, now..."

I'm listening again, (time #4) - I'm thinking, "do I really have to listen to this ... again?"

I'm listening again, (time #5) - I'm thinking, this is something I could do. This I could sell. How can I make this induce feelings of 'rock' instead of 'puke'?"

OMG

• Members

I really don't know what you're talking about guys! LOL I literally have people begging me to play this song. You should the disappoint on their faces when I tell them I already played it in an earlier set. The hipster college kids dig it!

• Members

our trio (ostrich hat) may add it since our gigs start usually earlier and the 1st set is mellower than the rest of the show. But Who knows if we will get to it before its gone. Adding acoustic based covers of party songs seem to be working a hell of a lot better than adding mellower stuff.

• Members

I really don't know what you're talking about guys! LOL I literally have people begging me to play this song. You should the disappoint on their faces when I tell them I already played it in an earlier set. The hipster college kids dig it!

I get what you're saying. My problem with the song is it's a "head-bobbing" song. That's about all you can do to it. It's too mellow to dance to and it's really not sing along material. Also, we play to college age crowds, but our crowd tends to be the more frat/sorority crowd. Not so much the hipsters

• Members

I get what you're saying. My problem with the song is it's a "head-bobbing" song. That's about all you can do to it. It's too mellow to dance to and it's really not sing along material. Also, we play to college age crowds, but our crowd tends to be the more frat/sorority crowd. Not so much the hipsters

I play it at one of the most popular downtown pubs. The age ranges anywhere from 19 to 50. Everyone enjoys it. I am a solo gig so it might be better off as a solo song maybe.

• Members

Not sure why you're all that surprised. Someone going to see you has an entirely different set of expectations than if they were going to see a loud 5-piece electric rock band. I can see why the song works for you. If we ever tried it people would probably just shake their heads and walk away in disgust, haha.

• Members

Everyone enjoys it. I am a solo gig so it might be better off as a solo song maybe.

Um... yep! Performed by a full band it's as exciting as watching an Angora cat get shaved. Even in the first set it's a dance floor killer. I think this would be a great tune for solo/duo. It's catchy and laid back. Most everything you don't want from a band after 10pm.

• Members

My drummer's been relentlessly talking about it for like 2 months, singing it, etc, yet he's never suggested it to the band.

I just listened to it today, it would be great for us, and I actually like the song, which is great because my singer/me are on such opposite sides of the musical genres that we can never come to agreement.

I think the singer would like it, which is great because I don't really like most of the songs in our set, haha.

Hopefully it overrides that bruno mars cover he suggested, yuck, we don't do many covers and when we do them I don't wanna be stuck with one I can't stand.

• Members

Played a sub date this weekend with a band that does this song. Seemed to do fairly well, and got some people on the floor.

I wouldn't expect it to work for more than a couple months...but it only took a couple minutes to throw it together, so what the heck.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived