cool 3D pics from our last show

Austincowbell

• Members

I've never seen that before? Is that a new trend? As a gimmick it's a pretty cool effect. But what it takes to provide the effect it seems to sacrifices in resolution. In other words the effect is cool but the pictures aren't very pretty to look at. Looks like a cool show though! Love the stage clothes! Where did you get that jacket! Awesome find. How was the gig? You gotta come up north.

• Members

Perhaps it's just this computer at work but the pictures appear to wobble back and forth, is that the desired effect?

I've seen this before, it's a neat little trick - the wobbling creates an illusion of depth.

• Members

For those of you who can't see the depth (3D) in those, I suggest getting your eyes checked, seriously.

Look at the second gif; the one of the crowd. You seriously can't see there's more than (standard) 2D at work there?

I believe the technology is similar to how they shot the 'bullet-time' sections in The Matrix movies; several (or at least 2) exposures shot in immediate/rapid succession, with the camera position changing slightly (on a curve?) between each exposure, thereby capturing the subject image from 2 distinctly different angles.

Archived