New England bands - how was your Halloween weekend?

FitchFY

• Members

Curious to know how many bands got snowed and iced out on Saturday night from that b*tch of a storm!

I played a bar in Worcester Saturday night, and there was several slushy, icy inches when I got there at almost 9pm.

We got so lucky - many bars in Worcester (especially the Green Street strip) closed down, so everyone rolled in to see us! Tons of costumes and rowdy fun - we played to a packed house until 2am.

I mean, I didn't get home until 5am, but whatever - total win! :thu:

How'd you other guys fare?

• Members

In NY 1 hr south of Albany we were canceled at 12pm Saturday. Just before the storm hit. It was a radio station gig with 780 tickets pre-sold. The station smartly connected with their attorneys and at noon issued this statement:Tonight's WRRV Boo Ball at the Mid Hudson Civic Center has been postponed due to the unprecedented snow expected for this evening. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the safety of our listeners and staff is our number one priority.. We were up since 7am all texting on how the day would play out(ouch I didn't get home until 3:45am the night before). Usually when we do this show we arrive at the civic center around 5pm, load in and soundcheck for an 8pm start time. This time we cleared with the facilities manager that we could come up early (around 1pm) and park the van and trailer inside the arena. The plan was to go through the motions with the radio station and let them call it. It was their event. We agreed to whatever they asked. In the end, they canceled and we came out smelling like a rose. Most if not all events were canceled by 6pm. It was funny to see each band one by one them proclaim "We're not pussies. The snow doesn't scare us!" to "We must unfortunately cancel our gig due to weather" an hour later on their Facebook pages. :D

In the end it was the safest thing. For 12 hours this place was pummelled with heavy, wet snow. We got 11 inches, but it weighed like 25 inches. About 2 am I peeked my head outside though blizzard conditions to hear "crack... CRACK... Crack...!!!". Trees just splitting in half. We lost power at 2pm on Saturday and I just got it back 2 hours ago. Outside all you heard yesterday was the sounds of generators and chainsaws. Craziness.

Some bands south of us in NYC soldiered on and had some great crowds.

Archived