Active studio monitors recommedations?

Vito Corleone

• Members

I'm looking to get a new pair of studio monitors. There's a lot of choices out there. I'm looking at the Yamaha HS50m. Don't really wanna spend TOO much more than that unless it's something that is just truely remarkable. I'll probably keep the subwoofer I'm already using.

What are you guys using? What's your faves?

• Moderators

The word on these is very good.

Equator D5 Studio Monitors with DSP.

Equator is a high end company. Monitors costing between $1500 and $8000. This is their first try at a project studio monitor and they'll cost you all of 299 bucks! They use a coaxial design that you rarely see on an inexpensive model. That means the tweeter is emanating from the same axis as the woofer. The drivers are laid on top of each other. The reports are coming in and they're good. I look to pick up a pair soon. The next equivilent might be the Adan A7 or A5. Those'll run you 700 bucks. Check the link and reviews...

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5_Studio_Monitors_with_DSP_300_Pair_p/d5.htm

• Members

The word on these is very good.

Equator D5 Studio Monitors with DSP

Equator is a high end company. Monitors costing between $1500 and $8000. This is their first try at a project studio monitor and they'll cost you all of 299 bucks! They use a coaxial design that you rarely see on an inexpensive model. That means the tweeter is emanating from the same axis as the woofer. The drivers are laid on top of each other. The reports are coming in and they're good. I look to pick up a pair soon. The next equivilent might be the Adan A7 or A5. Those'll run you 700 bucks. Check the link and reviews...

http://www.equatoraudio.com/D5_Studio_Monitors_with_DSP_300_Pair_p/d5.htm

Interesting. And I like to 60-day demo period. Might be worth the shipping costs just to check 'em out and compare with what I use now. :thu:

Archived