Leaving My Band

wardjames

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I think you just can't read my poker face!
:lol:

I'm moving in the direction of weddings and learning some R&B and Rock for them. Brown Eyed Girl, Sweet Child of Mine, Pretty Woman, Sweet Home Alabama, Old Time R&R, Wonderful Tonight, Legs, etc.? No reason I can't do those.

someone wants to hear LEGS?

• Members

Had a listen. Sounds good to me. You gotta good country voice and a good look. Sounds like you've got some business sense too. I think you're on track with your approach. My old band, Black Mudd is doing things this way and it's working out real well for them. They got signed with the agency here in less than 6 months: which is really amazing. It just shows the demand for this approach to country.

• Members

I'd be more concerned about how it affects attracting other players: guys who might think "gee, I don't know if I want to be involved in this if I'm gonna have NO say in the band and just be a hired gun."

I think you might be surprised. If my band ever tanked, I'd be all over a situation like that. After twenty plus years of being the production/equipment technician/web master/bass/vocals guy with the same group, I'd love nothing more to roll in with one rack, one cab and a bass or two. I've done some hired gun work and like it a lot. But the things is to make sure that you spell it out up front. Tell me when to be there, what to wear and what the compensation is (pay plus hotel/per diem and travel expenses) and don't make it my problem when you blow a sub or the truck needs new tires.

• Members

Wow... I'm surprised and not surprised Ward... but in the end I think you are making the right decision. You have a great mindset and you understand this business much better than your bandmates. Notice I said 'business'. I'm sure in a year you'll be ten steps ahead of this past project. They key is building it with 'like' minded players. It looks like you're off to a terrific start.
:thu:

Thanks Grant. It's great that you guys are really on the same page. If my songs were getting shot down because everyone thinks there's a song that will get a better audience response, fine. However, when the suggestions is we should play "cool" songs instead, I've got an issue.

• Members

I think this is a good example of building up a country band into a power house act.

That's an interesting video and story, for a whole bunch of reasons. It's nice to see a group of not-so-young guys out there having a great time, making sure the audience does the same, and ending up with a success story (and it sounds like they aren't finished yet).

• Members

That's an interesting video and story, for a whole bunch of reasons. It's nice to see a group of not-so-young guys out there having a great time, making sure the audience does the same, and ending up with a success story (and it sounds like they aren't finished yet).

They have some solid original stuff and get on some big stages in front of some big crowds. Real down to earth personable guys ,, I expect to see them do well.

Archived