Do you drink (not get drunk) at gigs?

guitarguy19

• Members

The routine through the decades.

1969-1979. Enter club and get a free large glass of whiskey of choice. Drink in 5 minutes. Go out smoke a joint. Back in more whiskey. Go to the head and snort 2 large lines of heroin. Smoke another joint and 10 cigarettes. Continue till end of night.

1980-1987 Enter club and.....ah {censored}....really the same as above only add some coke to the mix.

1988-1995 1 glass of whiskey. 1 joint, 80-100mg of oxycontin or morphine or dilaudid prn

1996 Nothing zero nada

1997-present 1 small tumbler of premium whisky. 1 joint. 1 beer per set..

never got a DUI though should have died or been in jail many times.

The End???

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Last night I limited myself to 1 beer and 1 shot. HATED IT. NOT going to happen again. Sobreity is overrated, sorry. Especially with a loud, LOUD stage and an equally loud, sub guitar player. At least it was a TALENTED loud- the guy was really, really good and I'm the one that enlisted him anyway.

But I bought a bottle of Crown and tonight I'm going to play Whiskey River til it takes my mind.

• Members

Back when I was gigging even though I drank like a fish out of water and did all kinds of drugs when I WASN'T playing, I never even had 1 beer or or even a hit off a joint or anything when I played, as for me personally I'm always best musically when I'm totally clean (even though for a time I thought getting high or tripping balls made me insanely more creative...and it did WHILE I was on the stuff, but then when I would play it back when I was totally straight half the time it was just straight up {censored}ing noise LOL

Archived