Looking for a web host

Agitator

• Members

A friend of mine is the manager for a touring band. I guess he's having some trouble with the guy who hosts his band's website, and he's looking for a new place to host it.

He's not technically-inclined at all, however, and he needs some place where he will be able to make minor updates (e.g. upcoming shows, etc.) without knowing HTML, etc.

Any suggestions?

• Members

A friend of mine is the manager for a touring band. I guess he's having some trouble with the guy who hosts his band's website, and he's looking for a new place to host it.

He's not technically-inclined at all, however, and he needs some place where he will be able to make minor updates (e.g. upcoming shows, etc.) without knowing HTML, etc.

Any suggestions?

So he's not just looking for a site host; he's looking for a tool of some sort that allows him to publish [non-coded] updates as well?

I'll suggest Wix if he doesn't mind a Flash site. I learned enough over the course of two days (a handful of hours each, no more than 5-6) to make our current official site. I REALLY like what I built, however, I plan to transition off this year as the non-flash/mobile version is rather lame. I will totally attempt to put up the same design/template as I built with the Wix tools, however.

Bandzoogle is another option.

Wordpress is a possibility

Frontpage

(If he's Mac friendly) iWeb

1and1.com has been advertising a lot lately

etc.

• Members

updates as well?

That's correct.

I'll suggest Wix if he doesn't mind a Flash site. I learned enough over the course of two days (a handful of hours each, no more than 5-6) to make our current official site. I REALLY like what I built, however, I plan to transition off this year as the non-flash/mobile version is rather lame. I will totally attempt to put up the same design/template as I built with the Wix tools, however.

Bandzoogle is another option.

Wordpress is a possibility

Frontpage

(If he's Mac friendly) iWeb

1and1.com has been advertising a lot lately

etc.

Thanks for the suggestions.

• Members

I've heard of people having success with Bandzoogle.

We use webs.com. It's basically set up like powerpoint, very easy to use, no html required, although if you know basic code you can mix and match with html and add it some more complex things if you want to.

The system can be a little buggy though from time to time depending on what browser you use...

• Members

We just opened a new band website on FatCow. They have a great deal right now where it's only $3.15/month for webhosting (24 months paid in advance). They also include an interface called Weebly Drag And Drop, which is a pretty easy way to build your website if your friend has never done HTML before.

The only downside is that there are only 6 pages allowed, but you can add more (of course, it will cost more $$$).

There is also an option to add a blog as one of the pages of the website or to make a completely separate WordPress band page.

You can check out ours here.

Archived