Don Cornelius commits suicide

Vito Corleone

• Members

I remember watching Soul Train, followed by Flip Wilson(of course, on Friday nights when I was allowed to stay up pretty late). Love, peace and souuulllll, Cornelius! RIP

IIRC Soul Train always played on Saturday afternoons on our station out here. I think they ran it right after "American Bandstand". Prior to MTV that's about all there was for younger music on TV.

• Members

IIRC Soul Train always played on Saturday afternoons on our station out here. I think they ran it right after "American Bandstand". Prior to MTV that's about all there was for younger music on TV.

The midnight special, shin dig, hullabaloo, where the action is, the monkeys, austin city limits

• Members

The midnight special, shin dig, hullabaloo, where the action is, the monkeys, austin city limits

Midnight Special and Don Kirshner's Rock Concert and something on briefly called "In Concert" were about all I remember from the 70s. Saturday Night Live, too I guess, but that was the end of the 70s. And you had to stay up late to watch all those shows. Those others you mentioned were all 60s shows that were before my time. Austin City Limits wasn't really about "younger" music.

• Members

Midnight Special and Don Kirshner's Rock Concert and something on briefly called "In Concert" were about all I remember from the 70s. Saturday Night Live, too I guess, but that was the end of the 70s. And you had to stay up late to watch all those shows. Those others you mentioned were all 60s shows that were before my time. Austin City Limits wasn't really about "younger" music.

good memeoy , i forgot about in concert and dons show. Austin city limit featured some up an comming bands. I know our lead players band played it when they were doing LPs in the 70s and had the record deals. They were an austin based band that did a ton of touring.

Archived