How was your St. Patrick Day gig?

• Members

5 only. Thankfully. I didn't lose an eye and I'm thankful for that. No concussion either.

wow matt! just saw the pic... thankfully it wasnt worse cuz it looks awful dude! One thing I can't deal with is "SuperTuffGuy" who can't handle booze. Or in this case violent club owner swinging micstands.

• Members

Man, the vast majority of your posts are so freaking negative I am starting to think you would find something to bitch about a free lay from two $1000 hookers.

Maybe you're just inherently easier than I am.

I'm not exceptionally negative; I'm just experienced enough to know that there's a whole hell of a lot of gigs out there...more than enough to allow me to judge the good ones vs. the bad. And when it comes to yahoos who can't hold their liquor yet trying to play like they can, and what that inevitably means (they start encroaching on my/band's turf), then yes, I'll call a spade a spade and say it's less than a positive experience.

• Members
Man, the vast majority of your posts are so freaking negative I am starting to think you would find something to bitch about a free lay from two $1000 hookers.

Probably catch an STD or 5 from dem bitches!

I don't care that they're $1k lays, uh, no thanks! :cop:

• Members

419729_10150640580863759_704243758_94597

This good lol. A bar fight erupted because the owner didn't know had to diffuse a couple of rowdy guys, and just added fuel to the fire. The owner was swinging our mic stands around, smashed our lights, cut us early, and then cut our pay. I took a mic stand to the face when the owner moved on to a baseball bat.

Ouch... do you think you'll get re-booked. :confused:

;) Just kidding. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Hope you heal fast. If it makes you feel better, in my younger days, I spent two days in the hospital with a fractured orbital lobe due to a barfight. And I'm a lover, not a fighter.

• Members

Ours was a wedding that was slightly Irish-themed. They had a girl there who played violin and sang a few Irish songs during the cocktail hour/dinner. And a band with an Irish bass player ;)

We've hardly had a drop of snow all year up here so, of course, it dumped most of the weekend. The weather predictions from the day before were so dire that I questioned whether the girls would actually be able to make the drive up and I called another girl I know to be on standby just in case. Luckily, the storm wasn't nearly as bad as they predicted and everyone made it up just fine.

Only drag was the format of the wedding/venue was such that they wanted to us to play in the exact same space the ceremony took place so we had to rush through a set up during the dinner/cocktail portion while still attending to their needs for announcements, background music etc.

But it ended up being a great fun crowd. (Destination weddings are the best---nobody is usually going anywhere so you have a captive crowd.) Nice $500 tip at the end of night ALMOST made up for the extra hassles. :thu:

• Members

Hopefully I can contribute to this thread. Next year. Seems like forever since I played out, but we're doing a benefit this weekend and then finally some shows. Took in a few bands Saturday, good crowds, well behaved.

Archived