Holy crap, I'm nervous...

mstreck

• Members

I don't usually get butterflies, but in a couple of weeks we'll be playing in what is considered by many local bands to be a coveted "A Room" in OC - and I'm feeling a little queasy about it. This is what we've wanted to do from Day One, but it feels waaayyyy out of my comfort zone now that we're actually doing it. I've played in front of 1000 people before - more than once - so playing in front of a bunch of drunken tourists shouldn't be a big deal, right? RIGHT?????

:freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak::freak:

:facepalm:

• Members

I don't usually get butterflies, but in a couple of weeks we'll be playing in what is considered by many local bands to be a coveted "A Room" in OC - and I'm feeling a little queasy about it. This is what we've wanted to do from Day One, but it feels waaayyyy out of my comfort zone now that we're actually doing it. I've played in front of 1000 people before - more than once - so playing in front of a bunch of drunken tourists shouldn't be a big deal, right? RIGHT?????

:freak:

:facepalm:

You guys will be fine. Its just another gig, get up there and do what you do. rock em out

• Members

We have a couple of "milestone" gigs coming up. I know exactly what you mean. Only difference is our FIRST full night is coming up Saturday, followed in 2 weeks by playing on a huge stage at one of the largest culinary festivals in the midwest (if not the country). Hope the water is not too deep! You guys have been at this for a while. Shake off the butterflies and go in there and own it. :thu:

• Members

We have a couple of "milestone" gigs coming up. I know exactly what you mean. Only difference is our FIRST full night is coming up Saturday, followed in 2 weeks by playing on a huge stage at one of the largest culinary festivals in the midwest (if not the country). Hope the water is not too deep! You guys have been at this for a while. Shake off the butterflies and go in there and own it.
:thu:

Thanks! I'll be the first to admit that we're not in the same class as most of the other bands that usually play there. The person who books the bands (and also runs their house sound) is pretty judgmental from what I understand.

But hey... THEY asked US to play there. That has to count for something, right?

What's the worst than can happen? They won't have us back? That wouldn't be the first time that happened.

• Members

Dan, you and I should make the trip and stand in front of the band with our arms folded . . . .

...and the "musician scowl". We'd be the 2 oldest geezers there too. Might be fun! That's a pretty easy motorcycle ride for me.

• Members

...and the "musician scowl". We'd be the 2 oldest geezers there too. Might be fun! That's a pretty easy motorcycle ride for me.

Haha! The more, the merrier! I'm more worried about chasing everyone away. :D

• Members

Make sure you have your "dew rag" and chained up wallet! Leave your helmet at home, they are useless in protecting you when you have to "layer down" with some cager cuts you off even though you've been riding in their blind spot for the last mile. :)

• Members

and remember, if you screw up, your reputation is shot!
:)

Not to mention that you will not play there again nor anywhere else in the region for that matter, since word travels fast in this business. Other than that, don't worry about a thing and have fun.:lol::lol:

• Members

We played that gig to 2,200 people in Ft. Walton Beach. I was a little nervous before we went on. When the place was all singing along 9 words into the first song, all nervousness left and it was just an amazing show.

A little butterflies is a good thing, don't sweat it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

UPDATE:

The gig was last night and I'd say it was a WIN. Great stage, great lights, great PA!!! It was kinda hard to NOT have a good night with all of that in place! Because it was a Monday, they only had us play two sets - one was 80 minutes and the other was 60 - at full pay (low pay for them, high pay for us). But the place was pretty full and the crowd was definitely into us! We all had some definite "rock star" moments, too. Compliments all around! And - get this - the bartenders REFUSED to take our tips because "we were working just as hard as they were". :idk:

This is considered to be an A-room in OC and it's a tough one to crack, so I don't know if we'll be back - but it was one hell of a good night for US! :thu:

Archived