Canceled gig due to heat........:(

race81

• Members

We were scheduled to play an outside venue tommorrow , starting at 6pm, playing two sets, about 2 hrs 15 minutes of material. The venue canceled us today due to the heat. Heat index here is 109 today, 107 for tommorrow. We would have been under a small canopy, but direct sunlight would still make it in there, its only about 25x25. I have mixed feelings..............anyone ever have this happen or canceled a gig on a venue due to this?? When do you all draw the line?

• Members

The event is still taking place...so the people will be there. Its a trike rally at our local Harley Davidson dealer, vendors, custom bikes already there, But who knows everything happens for a reason.

• Members

They dont cancel because of heat down here in south texas ,, its summer its hot , drink plenty of water , go to a 45 on stage 15 min off to drink water and cool down. we played one at well over a hundred a weeks ago ,, it was hot.

• Members

Summertime is great time to be up here. Playing an outdoor party tomorrow night. Supposed to be 71 when we start a 6. Have another outdoor gig on Sunday in another part of California. Supposed to be a high of 85. We got lucky on that one. Played the same gig last year and it was near 100. Guess we're not getting the same heatwave that some of you are!

• Members

Next week (July 6) we will be playing an outdoor gig (Concert for the Cause) and it is likely to be in the 90's. We won't have any issues about wearing shorts, however - our bagpipe band will be wearing wool kilts and wool kilt hose. Fortunately we will have a short set. We have two parades between now and then, too, complete with black wool caps. Who else wants to whine? Mark C.

• Members

Last week we played an outdoor show (where the videos I posted in that thread came from). It was 99 when we started. Not sure what the heat index was.

Saturday we play outdoors again. High is 97, heat index at downbeat is supposed to be around 92. Balmy! :)

• Members

By sept it will be snowing ,,, whats summer last up there a couple months

It hasn't snowed around here since the beginning of the month (early June). We had a great Spring this year-it even happened on a weekend (for a change)! Mark C.

• Members

It hasn't snowed around here since the beginning of the month (early June). We had a great Spring this year-it even happened on a weekend (for a change)! Mark C.

Now all we have to worry about is the fires.:mad: I'm playing at country jam Friday night and the whitehall and pony fires are not that far away. Saturday I have to drive through the Bear trap fire on my way to virginia city.

• Members

I feel bad for anyone in the midst of this heat wave who's playing outside this weekend! I have two gigs, but they're inside.

Last summer, I played an acoustic gig down by the river on a docked barge/bar, and it was in the mid 90s. I sweat so much that I shorted out the electronics in my Fishman pickup!

• Members

Thats the thing I hated about michigan ,, didnt get nice till june,, then by the end of aug we were starting into fall. by OCT 15 the weather blew chunks.. Down here in south texas ,, i can look forward to good weather from march till december and even then a hoodie and a pair of jeans will get you though the winter... jan and feb. Lots of sun year round.

Archived