The end of a journey

FitchFY

• Members

After much discussion between the band, my cover band has taken a few steps back, some deep breaths and decided to pack it in at the end of this calendar year. No drama, no headaches, no bad feelings

• Members

Impressive with no line-up changes. Are you done or will you look for another project?

For cover bands, I'm sure I'll want some time off before taking on a full new band, but I love doing sessions and fill-ins. At some point, though, I'm sure I'll be doing something again, probably just a different style.

In the meantime, my original funk/pop band is picking up, so timing is definitely good. :)

• Members

This by itself earns my respect!

jamieb

+++++

Jamie, we're an all hard rock cover band, too. Reading the stories here through the last few years about how people want to "simmer down the crowd," I always chuckle - we lay it on heavy and thick!

I think at the end of the day, you can be aggressive and friendly at the same time. Either that or all the fights were outside! :wave:

• Members

Congrats on not lettin' it die a slow painful death. Just curious what changes you think would have taken it to where you wanted it to go?

Honestly, they were were the kind of changes people here would consider small and insignificant, but it really goes into how my band functions as a whole. Rather than start a discussion about that, I think we'll shift the focus to "we're ready to be done." :D

Archived