Pardon Me, but The Very Convienent "Tables" Where You Folks Keep Putting Your Drinks,

RupertB

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is true

They are a hidden treasure of the state

There is no reason to visit or vacation in North Dakota for most people

So most peeps arent aware of how many hot women are in ND

This man speaks the truth. :thu:

Hell, one of the pretty ladies from my own Grand Forks won America's Next Top Model back in 2005 (Nicole Linkletter) and American Idol's Jordin Sparks has family in Fargo.

There are plenty of hot, sexy women in these parts. It isn't all just homely fatties.

• Members

There are pretty women everywhere. I learned that years ago. Some places have more than others. ND probably only seems like it has a lot of hotties to some either because noone expects it to have ANY, or because you had to drive through Montana to get there.

The fact you have to reach for "Jordan Sparks has family in Fargo" says a lot, actually.....

• Members

There are pretty women everywhere. I learned that years ago. Some places have more than others. ND probably only seems like it has a lot of hotties to some either because noone expects it to have ANY, or because you had to drive through Montana to get there.

The fact you have to reach for "Jordan Sparks has family in Fargo" says a lot, actually.....

Different strokes, I guess. I think she's very stunning. Your tastes are different than mine, though. But that's a given. :idk:

I was just responding to your comment (joke?) about the women having big asses here. I can equally say "there are women with big asses everywhere" just as you say there are pretty women everywhere. No kidding. :rolleyes:

Sounds like snobby comments about a perceived lack of hot women here. Have you ever actually driven through here? Or stayed overnight? I sure hope so. I would sound just as foolish to make comments about how the women look over in Las Vegas, since I've never been there...

• Members

Different strokes, I guess. I think she's very stunning. Your tastes are different than mine, though. But that's a given.
:idk:

While Jordin is very pretty for a fat chick, the fact is that she's from Arizona. Because she's pretty we can assume all her Fargo relatives are as well? That's weird.

I was just responding to your comment (joke?) about the women having big asses here....

Yes, it was a joke and a poke. Lighten up. Geez, you people are sensitive sometimes. You could tell me that you came to Tahoe and all you saw were a bunch of smelly girls with dreadlocks and way too much armpit hair and I'd laugh and say "yep...that's Tahoe!". Because A) there ARE a lot of hippie chicks up here and B) there are more than enough hotties running around town that I don't feel a need to defend the place against every silly joke made at its expense.

The fact that you're so sensitive about it says a lot as well....

• Members

While Jordin is very pretty for a fat chick, the fact is that she's from Arizona. Because she's pretty we can assume all her Fargo relatives are as well? That's weird.

I guess. I notice you didn't refute the Top Model chick. And she is actually from the state. Must be the only one of 680,000 people, huh? :lol:

Yes, it was a joke and a poke. Lighten up. Geez, you people are sensitive sometimes. You could tell me that you came to Tahoe and all you saw were a bunch of smelly girls with dreadlocks and way too much armpit hair and I'd laugh and say "yep...that's Tahoe!". Because A) there ARE a lot of hippie chicks up here and B) there are more than enough hotties running around town that I don't feel a need to defend the place against every silly joke made at its expense.

The fact that you're so sensitive about it says a lot as well....

I'm just messing with you, as you are with me. That's it. You have an arrogant, know-it-and-seen-it-all air about you and I simply responded to that. I don't need to convince you there are good-looking women here. Even if it's true, I don't think you are capable of believing it. :)

• Members

I guess. I notice you didn't refute the Top Model chick. And she
is
actually from the state. Must be the only one of 680,000 people, huh?
:lol:

Most of those Top Model girls look like spiders to me.

I'm just messing with you, as you are with me. That's it. You have an arrogant, know-it-and-seen-it-all air about you and I simply responded to that. I don't need to convince you there are good-looking women here. Even if it's true, I don't think you are capable of believing it.
:)

Like I said, there are pretty women everywhere. You can go to the most out of the way {censored}hole town in the middle of nowhere Nevada and find at least one pretty girl. As long as 'number of teeth' isn't a big concern for you, anyway. So yes, I'm sure there are pretty women in North Dakota.

And yes, I do know it all and have seen it all. Most all, anyway. Thank you for recognizing that fact. Although I've never thought that I reminded myself of Paul McCartney. I don't know quite THAT much...

• Members

Most of those Top Model girls look like spiders to me.

Haha!

As long as 'number of teeth' isn't a big concern for you, anyway. So yes, I'm sure there are pretty women in North Dakota.

I rest my case in the "incapable of believing it" category.

And yes, I
do
know it all and have seen it all. Most all, anyway. Thank you for recognizing that
fact

Best joke you've told in years! :lol:

Although I've never thought that I reminded myself of Paul McCartney. I don't know quite THAT much...

When I say things similar to that, all I'm saying is that from years of reading about the four Beatles' personalities, the one that I can relate to the most is McCartney in a musical and personality sense (how he interacts with bandmembers, how he approaches musical parts, be it songs or arrangements). I don't think I'm McCartney in a Single White Female kind of way. Just that there are traits I can relate to.

I'm sure there are some artists you relate to. I seem to recall a while back that you had a fondness for Thomas Dolby and said you could see yourself doing something like that. Right?

• Members

I'm sure there are some artists you relate to. I seem to recall a while back that you had a fondness for Thomas Dolby and said you could see yourself doing something like that. Right?

Having an fondness for somebody and thinking they remind me of myself are two different things. I don't recall what I said about Dolby, but yes I am a fan. But I certainly don't think I could have even done anything like what he has done and don't think I would have said that.

OTHO, when I play a pick-up game of basketball, I usually end up playing the shooting guard position because I'm neither the tallest person around nor the best dribbler/passer. But I can shoot OK. I remind myself of Michael Jordan in that regard.

• Members

Having an fondness for somebody and thinking they remind me of myself are two different things. I don't recall what I said about Dolby, but yes I am a fan. But I certainly don't think I could have even done anything like what he has done and don't think I would have said that.

Yeah, I believe it was something along the lines of "If I could do what Thomas Dolby could do, I think I would really enjoy that."

And I've never implied that I could BE Paul McCartney or ever thought I could do what he did in the music business. Which is what you seem to think I am saying. Not at all.

OTHO, when I play a pick-up game of basketball, I usually end up playing the shooting guard position because I'm neither the tallest person around nor the best dribbler/passer. But I can shoot OK. I remind myself of Michael Jordan in that regard.

Well, now you're just being an ass. But then again, it's what you are good at. :p

• Members

Am I understanding the subtext here correctly that in some way it's being suggested that some tertiary (at best) connection to a C-list former contestant on a game show targeted to the LCD audience is a compelling reason to go to North Dakota, or barring that, it's somehow an appealing fact worthy of crowing about in some bizarro hometown/state pride?

Man, between that and J. Paul's story in his tour thread about radio station suits bragging about Bree What's-her-name's birthplace just make me wonder about people.

• Members

I'm not suggesting that people visit North Dakota in search of hot chicks. I am only saying that they exist here, contrary to what some people think. J.Paul had it right when he said "there is no reason to vacation or visit in North Dakota for most people." This is an excellent place to get away from it all and write a book, retire, take a break. It's not a great place for people with a lot of energy wanting to do something with their lives. Where you live is perfect for that.

But the scenery can be quite nice.

• Members

Yeah, I believe it was something along the lines of "If I could do what Thomas Dolby could do, I think I would really enjoy that."

I don't recall saying or even thinking that. But I post a lot. After a couple of beers, anything is possible I suppose. But unless you can produce the quote...

And I've never implied that I could BE Paul McCartney or ever thought I could do what he did in the music business. Which is what you seem to think I
am
saying. Not at all.

Not that you could BE him. Just that even mentioning yourself with him in ANY sort of comparison is rather absurd.

Well, now you're just being an ass.

Yeah, see how that works?

• Members

Am I understanding the subtext here correctly that in some way it's being suggested that some tertiary (at best) connection to a C-list former contestant on a game show targeted to the LCD audience is a compelling reason to go to North Dakota, or barring that, it's somehow an appealing fact worthy of crowing about in some bizarro hometown/state pride?

Man, between that and J. Paul's story in his tour thread about radio station suits bragging about Bree What's-her-name's birthplace just make me wonder about people.

At least Bree What's-her-name (whom you seemed to actually be familiar with yourself, so her C-list celebrity status reached at least as far as your neck of the woods it would appear....) actually came from Fort Wayne herself. Imagine if they were just bragging that she 'had family' there???

• Members

I don't recall saying or even thinking that. But I post a lot. After a couple of beers, anything is possible I suppose. But unless you can produce the quote...

I really don't feel like digging through 21,000+ of your posts. It was about a year and a half ago I think. You were admiring Dolby's ability on the keyboard, talked about his second album (also one of my favorites) and mentioned that if you could be anyone or like someone, it would be something similar to that. I'm not making this up, but perhaps I misread what you said. Entirely possible. It's also possible that I'm right.

Not that you could BE him. Just that even mentioning yourself with him in ANY sort of comparison is rather absurd.

Oh, okay. :rolleyes:

Yeah, see how that works?

Yep.

• Members

The 'search' function works pretty well. But maybe one would have to have gone to school somewhere other than in North Dakota to figure it out?

Then why don't you find it yourself? ;)

And regarding school, you obviously don't know me at all. I haven't only lived in North Dakota.

• Members

Well, you should also recall that there was a crash around a year ago when Harmony Central was trying to migrate to a different format, then it re-opened here. I'm trying to find it, but it doesn't look like it survived.

Who knew an off-hand comment like "and Jordin Sparks has family here" would incite such vitriolic feelings? Wow. :)

• Members

Well, you should also recall that there was a crash around a year ago when Harmony Central was trying to migrate to a different format, then it re-opened here. I'm trying to find it, but it doesn't look like it survived.

Who knew an off-hand comment like "and Jordin Sparks has family here" would incite such vitriolic feelings? Wow.
:)

Actually, it was mentioning fat asses and North Dakota in the same sentence that seemed to get everyone riled up, but whatever.

• Members

When in las vegas, my girlfriend took her empty glass, put it over the plexiglass divider and onto a stack of records at the dj booth:facepalm: The dj and I both gave her a 'wtf are you doing' look and he handed it back to her. But ya some people are clueless:lol:

Archived