'Like us on Facebook' cards...

• Members

I'm thinking of making up like 1k cards...maybe business card size maybe a little bigger I don't know...basically just to say 'like us on Facebook' and/or 'sign up for our email list'. It would just have our basic info on there so 'fans' can connect with us, etc. I think it's more economical than handing out my actual business cards.

Anyone have anything like this in their bag of tricks?

• Members

I'm thinking of making up like 1k cards...maybe business card size maybe a little bigger I don't know...basically just to say 'like us on Facebook' and/or 'sign up for our email list'. It would just have our basic info on there so 'fans' can connect with us, etc. I think it's more economical than handing out my actual business cards.

Anyone have anything like this in their bag of tricks?

We have our FB info pretty prominently on our business cards so we just use those so far. However, we're just getting started really, and feel like we need to clean up our FB presence a bit before really making a push. Didn't stop me from linking it in my sig though! :lol:

We're planning on taking more pix of individual people in the crowd and posting them to FB. The idea is for one of the wives/GFs to go around taking the pix (I guess asking for consent could be important too?) and handing out cards so that there will be no question where to go to tag themselves.

• Members

That's a good idea...taking pics and then telling people to 'go here' to see your pic and tag yourself. We've already implemented our sound/promo guy as a full member and we've seen an up-tick on our FB visits and likes since he's been taking and posting pictures at every gig.

• Members

I made a card roughly 2x the size of a business card, use cardstock to print, and basically make a table-tent out of it. It has our logo, next gig date (intentionally left out the place of the gig so not to piss off bars) It has a QR code to scan for our FB page on one side and another QR code on the opposite site to download our smartphone app (thanks Mike S!), and booking contact info. It's been successful as far as getting gigs and return fans as far as I can tell. But what I love the most about it is how much it separates us from the rest of the local bands. Our press kits are also printed on cardstock and bound, 5 pages of all-color and snazzy as {censored}. Again, sets us a notch above the competition. We don't have to be better (musically, show) than every other band, but our marketing sure as hell does :thu:

• Members

I made a card roughly 2x the size of a business card, use cardstock to print, and basically make a table-tent out of it. It has our logo, next gig date (intentionally left out the place of the gig so not to piss off bars) It has a QR code to scan for our FB page on one side and another QR code on the opposite site to download our smartphone app (thanks Mike S!), and booking contact info. It's been successful as far as getting gigs and return fans as far as I can tell. But what I love the most about it is how much it separates us from the rest of the local bands. Our press kits are also printed on cardstock and bound, 5 pages of all-color and snazzy as {censored}. Again, sets us a notch above the competition. We don't have to be better (musically, show) than every other band, but our marketing sure as hell does
:thu:

I did something similar, except simpler....just an Avery inkjet business card with the band photo & name (we don't really have a logo, per se...."Rocket Surgery" in a "space age" font), our FB page link and a QR that takes you to the "like" button. I plan to make either a 8.5x11 or 11x17 band photo with that info on it to put up near the stage so folks can easily scan the QR without having to ask for a card. I like the "tent" idea...thought of doing that, too, but I'm the farthest thing from a graphic designer, so it never really got done.

Rocket+Surgery+card.jpg

• Members

Do people have to have a certain app or be 'hip' to QR codes or can anyone just scan it and be off to the website? When people see the code do they generally know what to do or do you all tell them to "scan this here box" etc....?

Here's where I got mine...

http://www.qrstuff.com/

I generally mention it...."If you have a smartphone, just scan this."

• Members

Do people have to have a certain app or be 'hip' to QR codes or can anyone just scan it and be off to the website? When people see the code do they generally know what to do or do you all tell them to "scan this here box" etc....?

I think you just load the app on your phone and it uses the phone's camera to read the QRC?

• Members

Here's where I got mine...

http://www.qrstuff.com/

I generally mention it...."If you have a smartphone, just scan this."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

This is a great idea! I got our drummer/web host to put together a quick dummy page to load the facebook "Like" box to, and then used a QR reader for the rest.

For whatever reason, the QR code won't load to my flickr account appropriately, so here's what it's looking like -- the only thing we need to do is make the frame more mobile friendly. (at least for this page...our website has a lot of work to be done in general)

www.thefirstrespondersband.com/like.html

We get much more traffic on our facebook page anyways.

Archived