non ironic use of music stand

sirfun

• Members

I get the joke. He's talking about people being lazy and stupid...as he glances at a music stand, seated onstage.

"SAILING", BITCHES!

And "Ride Like The Wind" has awesome Michael McDonald vocals in it.

But this performance was SO WEAK.

You and I are musical brothers, Schizo. Like the kid coloring with gusto in the internet photo meme, I have to scream, "I F***ING LOVE SAILING!!!" :thu:

• Members

Interesting. After watching the both those clips, while it's clear that "Sailing" is 100 times the song that the first one is, the only real difference in the performance seems to be that he used to be able to afford a full band to cover the arrangements of the original recording that I'm guessing he probably never had that much to do with in the first place.

That, and he didn't need a stool or a music stand in 1980. But at least he dresses better now. ;)

• Members

I wonder if she sings "Touch-a Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me" during the show?

Hey, if everyone is going to go nuts over 1980 Chris Cross, then I will jump on the bandwagon of 1975 Susan Sarandon...

[video=youtube;myjSHiMO6F4]

Janet!

Dr. Scott!

Janet!

Brad!

Rocky!

Uh!

Janet!

Dr. Scott!

Janet!

Brad!

Rocky!

Uh!

Janet!

Dr. Scott!

Janet!

Brad!

Rocky!

Uh!

• Members

Interesting. After watching the both those clips, while it's clear that "Sailing" is 100 times the song that the first one is, the only real difference in the performance seems to be that
he used to be able to afford a full band
to cover the arrangements of the original recording that I'm guessing he probably never had that much to do with in the first place.

That, and he didn't need a stool or a music stand in 1980. But at least he dresses better now.
;)

With Susan Sarandon on keyboards he probably can't afford any more people.

She has to be charging top dollar.

• Members

The one on the right has all the enthusiasm of someone waiting on a bus - and rightfully so. Imagine a whole tour of sitting through that...

He's thinking, "now where have I seen that keyboard playing woman before??? Her face is familiar."

Archived