You know, I should be happy for our drummer, but....

TrickyBoy

• Members

Crap!!! We're auditioning drummers again. Our drummer got accepted into the Musician's Institute in California, so at the end of next month, he's moving to LA. I'm really happy for him and he's a monster drummer who's going to have a blast out there, but it sucks to have to go through this again. Oh well....

• Members

That's why I only play with bottom-tier musicians
:o

I tend to play with realists who know silly dreams of making it in music are just that: silly dreams.

My buddy's brother is a smokin' drummer as well, and has spent the last 6 years touring with a band and barely breaking even, so now he's looking @ a promising future behind the drum counter @ GC.

:facepalm:

• Members

I have no idea. I know he had to go to LA and audition. I don't think it's a college per se.

Musicians Institute is a privately owned for-profit music vocational school located in Hollywood, California. Not a regionally accredited school, the school offers a variety of NASM accredited Bachelor Degrees, Associate Degrees and Certificate programs in fields including contemporary music performance on guitar, bass, drums, keyboard and vocals as well as audio engineering (including studio recording, post-production and live sound), independent artist development, guitar-making, music business, and film production.[1][2]

NASM is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation as a programmatic accreditation organization for institutions offering degree and non-degree educational programs in music and music-related disciplines.[1][2] It currently has approximately 625 accredited institutional members, including specialty schools of music, conservatories, and universities offering music programs.

• Members

Crap!!! We're auditioning drummers again. Our drummer got accepted into the Musician's Institute in California, so at the end of next month, he's moving to LA. I'm really happy for him and he's a monster drummer who's going to have a blast out there, but it sucks to have to go through this again. Oh well....

name of the school PIT?

• Members

It currently has approximately 625 accredited institutional members, including specialty schools of music, conservatories, and universities offering music programs.

Thanks for that info. I'll bet it's expensive to go there too!

• Members

He should hook up with my friend Robin (also a drummer, but can play pretty much everything else as well), who's going to MI also. He's heading out to CA in a week to get situated before school starts. :)

Brian V.

• Members

A serious blow to the business when you're in a band that is gigging as regularly as you guys and with a set list that is new intensive and lots of medleys IIRC. Depending on the talent pool in Baton Rouge, this could be a tough one for someone to get up to speed with. But as one door closes another opens and you will land that drummer that takes it to the next level for you. BTW, had a good laugh reading all of your bios on your site...hilarious! Good luck with your search and auditions...

• Members

At least the TD's have enough work in good rooms, and a good enough rep, to get another quality drummer. Not that the process itself isn't a major PITA, but the chances of success in doing that are good. Maybe the next one will be a great harmony and lead vocalist, as well- you never know that the next go-round might actually improve the band. Good luck and get some dates closer to Jackson, MS, please!

• Members

At least the TD's have enough work in good rooms, and a good enough rep, to
get
another quality drummer. Not that the process itself isn't a major PITA, but the chances of success in doing that are good. Maybe the next one will be a great harmony and lead vocalist, as well- you never know that the next go-round might actually improve the band. Good luck and get some dates closer to Jackson, MS, please!

+1. Except I'll add "road trip to Canada"!

• Members

He should hook up with my friend Robin (also a drummer, but can play pretty much everything else as well), who's going to MI also. He's heading out to CA in a week to get situated before school starts.
:)
Brian V.

I'll definitely pass that info along.

• Members

At least the TD's have enough work in good rooms, and a good enough rep, to
get
another quality drummer. Not that the process itself isn't a major PITA, but the chances of success in doing that are good. Maybe the next one will be a great harmony and lead vocalist, as well- you never know that the next go-round might actually improve the band. Good luck and get some dates closer to Jackson, MS, please!

Working on Jackson now. My guess is we'll get a room up that way on a regular rotation next year.

Archived