alive again for four hours

KeysBear

• Members

after more than a year's hiatus we played Saturday at the sports bar we used to feel like we owned because we played there either once a month, twice a month, or every week for years.

While setting up I noticed they had the nerve to re-carpet the stage in red without asking us. The wait staff was all new, and the owner's son was now in charge. The place was full but none of the old regulars were visible.

Fully aware that we had not been back there because they had burned out on us before, we prepared by working up a revised set list to make sure we had plenty of newer material in the mix and had three additional new songs ready to debut.

That room always sounded sweet acoustically and Saturday was no exception. Starting with the first song we had their attention and our comfort level was high. Everything was perfect and it stayed that way all night, hit after hit, dancers enjoying themselves, and massive applause. The three new songs were flawless. The owners son wanted to hear more Floyd so we pulled out "Hey You" which was more of a screw around at practice song for us but I nailed the opening bass part and even we were amazed at how Floyd we sounded with just four guys.

Lots of adoring comments, free drinks, and several dates added to the calendar we finished the night a complete success. I felt super alive the entire evening. It's the rush I do it all for that still makes hauling all of this crap worth it at my age. Like my buddy here told me, "there's no buzz like show buzz."

• Members

Yeah man, that's what it's all about! I'm proud of being a ground floor member in Logan street band and working with Tim to formulate a plan and mold the band around a demographic! That band still does very well in spite of some musical shortcomings, which to me is all the proof I need that the approach was valid!

Feels good don't it? That's why we do this.

Archived