Open mic experience: out of tune CHUMPS

wades_keys

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators

OP for douche of the decade

LANDSLIDE VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you seem to have neglected to read or decided to ignore my guidelines regarding civility at BWTB. I'm tired of repeating myself, and temp banning all of you.

The fact that the OP is kind of ridiculous is not carte blanche to post this kind of stuff in this forum. Save it for wherever it is you post that it's tolerated, 'cos it ain't here.

• Members

OP: This is terrible. You just don't get on stage without being invited, in many places that would get you kicked out of the venue permanently. Also, if they are in tune with each other and you are the one who jumped in uninvited, you're the one who's out of tune. Next time, wait until they call you (if they call you) and ask to tune up with them. My band plays 1/2 step down so you would be out of tune with us if you just jumped in, except that we would also remove you from stage. You just don't do stuff like this.

Try to improve your social skills a bit, no one wants to work with egomaniacs, which is probably why you are resorting at invading stages at open mic nights in the first place.

• Members

Everything is a joke on HCAF.

That makes things a bit easier, most of the time. Sadly, not all of the time. Which is odd, if you think about it for too long. But thinking about things for too long doesn't happen often at HCAF.

This is probably the most quaint and concise description of HCAF ever written.

• Members
Some of you seem to have neglected to read or decided to ignore my guidelines regarding civility at BWTB. I'm tired of repeating myself, and temp banning all of you.

The fact that the OP is kind of ridiculous is not carte blanche to post this kind of stuff in this forum. Save it for wherever it is you post that it's tolerated, 'cos it ain't here.

Wow. Someone must have run outta heavy flow tampons!! Next time stick with the whole roll of paper towels!! :freak:

• Members

Wow. Someone must have run outta heavy flow tampons!! Next time stick with the whole roll of paper towels!!
:freak:

Why? solid moderating is thereason that many of us hang here. We'll {censored} with people all day long but there's a point where it becomes too personal, and quite frankly, inappropriate in a public forum.

• Members

the appearance of The Dawson did make me chuckle though. As did most of this thread. I figure I would add my 2 cents and it echoes what some have said.

I have only been to one Open Mic and I sat in and played an everlast song... (remember him kids? that's how long ago it was!)

A few places in my area do have them and one always posts a run-down on FB the day after. Its pretty cool that they do that and I read the posts every week. They usually mention the "new faces" that show up and what songs were played. It sounds like fun but haven't made it out. If I do I would NEVER think I could just jump behind the drum kit and start banging away. or in the OP's case plug in and start going Jaco on them... If I witnessed what the OP did I would be appalled.

Archived