Open mic experience: out of tune CHUMPS

wades_keys

• Moderators

Jesus H, people.

Its a JOKE.

I remember when musicians had a sense of humor.

Really guys, nothing we do here is so serious that we cant have a bit of a laugh from time to time.

No, that was more a tease than a joke. You're just saying that cause you were wrong and thought you were right and were getting cocky and... WRONG I TELL YOU!!! Now, that's funny! :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I gotta say this though: it was cool to actually bust out some heartfelt guitar and vocals that I knew would entertain, and DID entertain, the people around me. I didn't need the microphone or the stage to do that. Told the cat I couldn't really play but did 3 songs straight through: more than he was capable of. Had his own girlfriend singing along LOL.

That's called getting OWNED. But that wasn't my intent. Just kinda worked out that way. Later y'all: I'll be around.

Well if it isn't the self-proclaimed god of all musicians: Bow to me chumps, hear me roar!!! :facepalm:

• Members

So let me get this straight, everywhere you go, where NORMALLY, people welcome guest musicians, bass players in particular, somehow YOU don't seem to find yourself so welcome? Hmmmm... what could possibly be the problem, I wonder? You don't suppose it could be because they KNOW you and think you're as much of a narcissistic, needy dbag nutjob as we do, do you? NAH... that couldn't POSSIBLY be it, could it?! :o

• Members

Were the open mic guys made up of members your old band? You know, the ones that you got epically hemorrhoidal butthurt over because they got assholish enough to not let you sit in on their gig? How DARE they?

You drink so much of your own kool-aid that you've got one of those twisty straws running from the tip of your wang to your mouth. It's sterile, and you love the taste.

• Members

LOL @ the stupid bass player :lol:

Like I have had to tell other bass players in the past... "You ain't the star of the show" :rolleyes:

Having run several open mics in the past I am in no way happy to see some schmoe bass player show up to "jam". If you had jumped on my stage without asking first and even attempted to plug in your bass you would have gotten far worse than simply being un-plugged.

Know your role.

• Members

Music is about making sound that makes you happy, and hopefully some others. What I am taking away from the OP's rant is that he found a place where a bunch of people enjoyed breaking the rules of tuning and challenges the OP's idea of "music". The people attending seemed to enjoy the "out of tune" music, or they would have left. There are a million bars one can drink a beer in.

1. Music is not limited to 440Hz concert pitch.

2. Music is an expression from one's self.

There is no wrong music, just music that you may not like.

• Members

1. Music is not limited to 440Hz concert pitch.

2. Music is an expression from one's self.

There is no wrong music, just music that you may not like.

I have to also point out that, if everyone else is tuned to 422Hz and he's at 440Hz, then he is the one that's out of tune in this instance.

I think the OP needs to write a manual called "The musicians Code" and distribute it widely, so we will all know about this mysterious code he refers to.

Maybe Oprah could start up her book club again, because of the epicness it will surely contain.

:idea:

shebook2.jpg

Archived