'Nother Stop on the 2012 "Church Tour"

SpaceNorman

• Members

I've had a great August and September so far - the weather has been great and the 2012 "Church Tour" has been going well. The "Church Tour" is a string of Catholic Church festival beer tents. Big beer tents, great crowds ... decent money. We play a string of 6 or seven of 'em between mid-August and early October. Played the 5th stop on the tour tonight. Distance be van and stage was about 15 feet, nice little stage area ... free beer and pizza. The official count was 1,439 people through the beer tent door in the course of the evening.

For us, the "Church Tour" is the most concentrated stretch of playing the band does each year. The 2-3 gigs per month we see during the "Church Tour" means that by the end of it - we're starting to reap the benefit of playing frequency. I had a ball playing tonight - and feel like I was rockin' my ass off.

They may not want us anywhere near Mass ... but damn, they do love us in the beer tent !!!!!

• Members

Love the CC festivals that I went to as a kid in NE Ohio. They don't have anything like it in the south. Can't get a decent sausage and pepper sammich south of Columbus.

U ain't lyin about that. Gawt I miss that....but then again, you can't get a decent biscuit north of Lexington.

• Members

That sounds like fun....

Is there an over abundance of plastic flowers and plants to cover up stuff on this church tour??
:)

Nope ... no plastic flowers or plants. From what I hear they've got that stuff in the church itself. I don't go in there so I can't say for sure. ;)

For us, it's usually a piece of blacktop somewhere under the huge tent in the parking lot. There's usually one of those refridgerated beer trailers somewhere under the big top as well. ... and of course, a nearby Vegas tent.

Typical night starts of "family oriented" ... but the kids clear out by 9:00 and then it's 2 solid hours of good crowd swilling cheap beer and dancing up a storm. We do the same events year in and year out ... the money is decent, it's an early event (typically 7ish ... till 11:30 ..ish - because of noise ordinances), the headache factor is close to nill ... and to top it off, virtually every stop on "the tour" is within 5 miles of home!

Archived