Poke a stick in it.. Its over :(

Kevin T

• Members

The Govmnt is proposing a new 0.05% BA level for DUI.  If they succeed an small woman ( or man) having 1 wine with dinner could be arrested and fined Thousands. If you thought the live music scene was dieing to quote BTO "you aint seen nothin yet "

• Members

I was thinking the same thing when I read this.

Would love to know what percentage of accidents are caused by people who had a few versus truly drunk people.

I wonder how much this really would improve safety. I think it will be negligible.

• Members

The ironic thing is, the drunk drivers out there killing people aren't at a .05 blood level, they are at .24 - .32 or more. They don't give a good god damn about .05. A complete zero tolerance wouldn't stop them. Often repeat offenders, probably lost their license, uninsured.

Those are the people that need to be handled. Not the one glass of wine or beer with supper crowd.

• Members

guido61 wrote:

Legal BA levels are set by states, not the Feds. All they can do is recommend. This probably doesn't go very far.

They can also withhold federal highway funds if the states don't follow. They've pulled that here in CT over emissions testing.

• Members

"The ironic thing is, the drunk drivers out there killing people aren't at a .05 blood level, they are at .24 - .32 or more. They don't give a good god damn about .05. A complete zero tolerance wouldn't stop them. Often repeat offenders, probably lost their license, uninsured."

After watching what a couple of friends went through getting a DUI  I would say this is mostly about $$$ for the local governments, and everyone involved in the ankle monitors, counseling classes, ect.   And lowering the legal limit is just another way to pull more people into that cash flow.

• Members

In my NW Nj rural area 45 min drive to live bars is common with no taxi or train or bus. You can shot a half tank of gas if you hop. That's alot of opportunity for agressive dui towns to do reveue enhansement

• Members

Kevin T wrote:

The Govmnt is proposing a new 0.05% BA level for DUI.  If they succeed an small woman ( or man) having
1 wine
with dinner could be arrested and fined Thousands. If you thought the live music scene was dieing to quote BTO "you aint seen nothin yet "

So idiotic that the ultra libs at MADD aren't endorsing it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

kl285528 wrote:

I was thinking the same thing when I read this.

Would love to know what percentage of accidents are caused by people who had a few versus truly drunk people.

I wonder how much this really would improve safety. I think it will be negligible.

Maybe this is the solution. :-)

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2013/05/30/seattle-entrepreneur-plans-100-million-national-chain-of-pot-stores

Archived