New Country ?

djrnno

• Members

We are doing a few Aldean songs....Johnny Cash, Big Green tractor,  Shes Country.  Two miranda lambert songs, gunpowder and lead,  fastest girl in town.  All these get very good responses.  kinda depends on your crowd...Brantly Gilbert songs tend to do well also,...People dance better to these tunes better when on the juice for a while.....not what I would call dance tunes.

• Members

we are more of a texas music original / cover band ,, but for sure we are a texas dirt type band ,, cept our texas dirt is sand. We are a resort town based band on the texas gulf coast. We get people from all over the country in town here ,,,, country pretty well flushes across most demographics. Its a great genre to be playing. tons of great material and you can get off the beaten path and crowds are receptive to stuff even if its not a song thats been played to death on main stream country radio.

• Members

sorry Kevin I can't see that song ever being in the classic rock genre , I think the perception of classic rock by most of the public is 70's and 80's and I think it takes more than 10yrs to make it a classic

• 1 month later...
  • Members

In Keith's defense, singers have been affecting accents for decades. The Beatles famously sang with fake American accents and many American acts have tried to sound like Brits.

But it does seem a bit more annoying with country artists since the genre puts so much stock in being "real".   One of the thing that annoys me most about modern country, since it's at least as phony and tied to fashion as is any other pop music genre.

Archived