The monthly Website, FB marketing and promos resource thread.

wheresgrant3

• Members

LOL... I know it seems like once a month we have this type of discussion in a new thread After working to redesign our old website a few years back I'm not thrilled at having to completely create a new one. Our last website was done in word press, decent desgn and easy to manage. I really wish I could just duplicate that site. Any ideas of web hosting... easy and affordable. I see some used Wix... which I'm not opposed to... however I# am not a designer and #2- I do not want adds or a Wix url or any identifcation of hosting. Is that possible? 

• Members

guido61 wrote:

I presume you know about the Bandzoogle site that I use, so I'm guessing you figure that it won't work for what you need.

I'm curious as to what it is that doesn't work for you, (just so I know if I'm missing out on something we should be doing with the website that we aren't!)

I'm not that familar with the site. I think I signed up a few years ago but the tools and appearance seemed 'clunky' at the time. I'll check it out though. What do you like about it. Right now we don't have alot in the way of professional images so I need something that will look slick enough without paying $500 to a designer. We just don't have the money right now.  

• Members

mstreck wrote:

Why can't you just duplicate the old site?

I'm looking to do that to save work. The problem is the old site was on our singer's host. We were paying him month to month but last month he shut down the url and changed the password on the server. It was his account for 10 years and his to keep. I am able to log into my word press account and back up the DB and files. I sent a DB backup to my email. It's a PHP file so I plan to repurchase the original WP template and see if I can upload from there. The problem I suspect (if not done right) will be broken image links everywhere. 

I'd like to take that template design and expand on it. 

Archived