Lighting Stand "Knob" Replacement

guitarguy19

• Members

Since the lighting forum can be a little on the slow side, I'm asking this here hoping someone can give me some advice!

Does anyone know where to buy just the replacement "knobs" (i.e. the thing you twist to tighten lighting stand poles in place)? I just need the knobby thing with the stud coming out, and the corresponding nut.

Please forgive the technical and sexually-charged jargon.

Thanks!

• Members

Call the manufacturer and order a replacement or do it online.   With those "On Stage Stands" stuff, the nuts always fall out and  then you lose the big knobby bolt pieces.

A while back, I ordered a bunch of extra parts from them and we keep them in the tool box.  

http://onstagestands.com/replacement_parts

If you are talking about another brand, I'd look up that manufacturer.   They are probably all slightly different.

• Members

StratGuy22 wrote:

Metric?

Well, if he's replacing both the nut AND the bolt, he might be able to find stuff that fits and works.   My problem was always that I never lost the big knobby bolts (because they are so big and knobby) but could never find nuts that BOTH fit the bolt AND fit inside the hole.   Those nuts might be specially machined for the manufacturer.

Or I just wasn't able to find an exact match anywhere.   But I didn't look THAT hard.   It was easier to just order a bunch of replacement pieces.

Archived