Biggest Show of the Year....

dan88z

• Members

and I come down with the flu. WTF. The show has been booked for months, ticket sales are brisk and we'll most likely sell out. We even rehearsed for it. Everyone in the band is super excited and our fan base even more so. Earlier this week I started getting cold symptoms and now it's full on flu- fever, aches, can barely talk let alone sing. I'm the main harmony singer in the band and sing a lot of the high parts.

I do feel a bit better today, so we'll see how it goes. Either way, the show goes on.

• Members

I feel for ya, man.   Fortunately, I haven't had to play a gig while sick in a while.   But they do happen and yes...the show must go on.

Last one I remember was a couple of years ago where I was just barely propping myself up behind the keyboards during the sets and then lying down on a couch somewhere during the breaks.   I don't remember anything about the gig at all.

Yikes, I hope I don't have another one of those for a long, long time!    Good luck to you!

• Members

luckily I don't have any puke type stuff going on! There are no breaks either, we're playing about a 2.5hour set, a short breather and then a few encores. We have a couple "pee breaks" built into the show so people can run off stage and take care of business. There are a couple keyboard/bass interludes and then some drum/percussion solos where we can get off stage. The venue has 2 bathrooms backstage so we don't have to go wandering too far.

• Members

I had the flu shot this year again. I got the flu anyway, but it was pretty mild. Fever mostly. No nausea, no aches and barely a headache. I did feel very run down the entire time and a couple of days afterwards. The flu shot is a great idea and if you catch it quickly enough, within 48 hours of symptoms showing up, there is a drug that shortens the flu's life. (Think it's Tamaflu)

Archived