10 years doing a solo ,I think I learned a lot

w,wert

• Members

I didnt want to be a fake so I foolishly stepwrote all my backup . A lot of time and effort but it was fun and after a few years I could really stepwrite all parts to make them sound good .

Then I realized it was just kariokie so I went for just drum and bass backup w/ acoustic . Then I did the same w/ an electric .

Suddenly ,very suddenly I woke and and realized I liked playing in bands a lot better .I never stepwrote again and I dont miss it .It really was like going to college though .Doing all that I learned what makes music sound like music and how to make a sequencer talk. nuff of my yakin`

• Members

So, this is why I stopped doing it .To me stepwriting all that music ,memorizing it ,playing along w/ it and singing and making it sound like music was ,I thought a pretty cool thing . I played for 1000s of people over the yrs. Not one time did somebody ask me where the music came from in the backing tracks .What they did care about ,when they wernt indifferent was the guitaring . Now here in a musicians forum nobody is interested too . Thats ok ! really . I know .

If by some weird quirk a person here wants to learn about stepwriting music let me know specifically what you want to know .

Archived