I know several of us play harmonica and guitar at the same time...

Terry Allan Hall

• Members

Same kind of thing has happened to me countless times.

Biggest problem I've had is when the threads on the wingnuts start to wear down and as you're playing the harp gets farther and farther from your mouth till finally you look like a calf trying to get ahold of an udder. I finally fixed it by putting a piece of coat hanger wire between the two parts of the holder to hold it at the appropriate angle. It works OK, but looks really funky.

You'd think with all the technology we have available today, some genius would come with a better way to keep the harmonica in front of your mouth when you want it and get it out of the way when you don't. Maybe something like those headsets that Navy SEALs wear, but with a button to swing it out of the way when it's not needed.

Now there's what I can work on during my retirement.

• Members

Same kind of thing has happened to me countless times.

Biggest problem I've had is when the threads on the wingnuts start to wear down and as you're playing the harp gets farther and farther from your mouth till finally you look like a calf trying to get ahold of an udder. I finally fixed it by putting a piece of coat hanger wire between the two parts of the holder to hold it at the appropriate angle. It works OK, but looks really funky.

You'd think with all the technology we have available today, some genius would come with a better way to keep the harmonica in front of your mouth when you want it and get it out of the way when you don't. Maybe something like those headsets that Navy SEALs wear, but with a button to swing it out of the way when it's not needed.

Now there's what I can work on during my retirement.

I carry a 35mm film canister to all my gigs that is full of the appropriate-sized bolts, wing nuts, and star washers (which go between every moving part of my harp rack), so I can repair my rack on the spot.

Star washers make a HUGE difference in how stable the Lee Oskar harp rack ultimately is!

StarWasher.jpg

Also, I bend my racks to fit me better.

New:

LO10HH~hqw.jpg

After I remove it from my vise:

1657c2c0-3aac-4658-abd1-c021ca1f03a5

• Members

I was looking at the
Dunlop HH1 Harp Handle
...anyone use this?

I've used the standard old Hohner rack for over thirty five years, with the occasional moustache hair grabs, etc....
:eek:
and thought this looked like an interesting variant.

Never tried one, but I remember seeing a picture of Les Paul where he had something similar, except it was mounted on his guitar.

Archived