Here's a great single looping act

Telecruiser

• Members

Eh, two minutes to set up? Even at a private house gig that's too long. For that it would be better to use a laptop to fire off the loop.

I prefer to see the setup. As for me, I get bored with watching acts with their laptop computers. I like the whole experience and it being pulled off live.

• Members

I enjoyed that, and as a musician I get it. But I also agree that the usual bar/restaurant audience would not enjoy a whole evening of looping. Perhaps a song or two. Hell, even I would get bored with a whole house concert that consisted of just building loops. Even if the guy has great chops, it all starts to sound the same, don't it?

• Members

I enjoyed that, and as a musician I get it. But I also agree that the usual bar/restaurant audience would not enjoy a whole evening of looping. Perhaps a song or two. Hell, even I would get bored with a whole house concert that consisted of just building loops. Even if the guy has great chops, it all starts to sound the same, don't it?

As someone who loops at least 50% of their songs i agree. I dont use the looper the whole time on a song unless its a beat. And that takes 5 seconds or so. Loops need to be made quick in a bar setting.

• Members

Therein lies the rub. It5's cool device if used to make something stand out. I saw a concert a few years ago where the opening act used a looper on every song. The first two songs were pretty cool. The third one was ....hmmm, am I detecting a pattern here? The 4th one was ....Didn't I just hear this? By the 6th one, I was ready to yell "Next!"

• Members

hi

its great stuff!! really is a true performance... but would agree with the general sentiment on the limitations. and thats why i use backing tracks..

i think they do have a use if a guy pre-records the chorus and bridge loops and then triggers them in when required.

so you can end up having pretty much full on songs then. and you still have at least some of it looped...

but AFAIK only teh roland rc50 was capable of allowing that and then it had other bugs.. but there may be loads out now.. ive lost touch..

d

Archived