use your own name for a solo act but what about a duo?

avrage joe

• Members

My trio has a name, but we've done gigs as a duo when the drummer coulnd't be there. We called ourselves the "adorable duo" or "two thirds of the band". Its not an official duet name and we've never had to make up posters or advertise. If we had a duet name it would be Roadside Daisies.

• Members

Remember the famous group, "Jay And The Americans"?

When Jay Traynor left the group, he was replaced by David Black who became the new "Jay".

Leilani and I go by "The Sophisticats" and have used that name since the mid-1980s.

There is no one right way.

• Members

There is no one right way.

WHAT??? ARE YOU KIDDING??? Isn't that what forums are for - to find the ONE ONLY RIGHT WAY and make sure everyone knows it???

LOL :)

Does this mean that the guy fronting Paul Revere and the Raiders wasn't actually named Paul Revere? I'm crushed...

• Moderators
WHAT??? ARE YOU KIDDING??? Isn't that what forums are for - to find the ONE ONLY RIGHT WAY and make sure everyone knows it???

LOL
:)

Does this mean that the guy fronting Paul Revere and the Raiders wasn't actually named Paul Revere? I'm crushed...

don't be, he was born Paul Revere Dick...smart move not going by Paul Dick, IMHO...;)

• Members

LOL
:)

<...>

Actually, my way is the only right way - I just said that so the others can stray off on the wrong way and limit my competition LOL :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

When I played with my brother we called ourselves, naturally, Brooke Brothers. I've only had one other duo, per se, and we billed ourselves as 'Shadows on the Swanee,' rather than using our names. Though we always made a point of introducing each other to the audience. When we had one.

• Members

When I played with my brother we called ourselves, naturally, Brooke Brothers. I've only had one other duo, per se, and we billed ourselves as 'Shadows on the Swanee,' rather than using our names. Though we always made a point of introducing each other to the audience. When we had one.

howdy neighbor...

:wave:

Archived