no gear for gig

eyesore

• Members

yo guys; what would ya do if you don't have a PA for a small outdoor gig? it's just me and a guitar.pays $150. i do have a small 50 watt acoustic amp with a mic input.it's loud 'even for outdoors ,but not sure about this gig...thanks for any advice.

• Members

It'll depend on the expectations of the person who hired you, and the nature of the gig. If an unamplified, or minimally amplified, performance is what the audience and person hiring you anticipate, you're good to go. If the environment will be fairly noisy and/or if a lot of people will be there who expect to be able to hear you more clearly than you can manage with your acoustic amp, you probably should borrow, rent, or purchase what you need so that you hold up your end of the agreement.

• Members

It depends on the size of the crowd and the size of the area you want to cover, but for Saturday evening's private party gig, playing for about 30 folks in a backyard of about 125' X 200', this set-up (minus John, the bassist and the auxulary Limo 50, on the ground), a Crate Limo 50, run at approx. 1/2 volume, worked perfectly...it was loud enough where everyone could hear clearly, w/o being loud enough to disturb the neighbors on either side or behind. The key is to get the sound up off the ground, of course.

4fbe6e4c-86cb-4d55-9755-20f94baa5f1c

At The Keller Farmer Market

OTOH, were this party in an open area, like a park or at the lake, it might not've been loud enough, depending on the crowd. In that situation, I'd want a minimum of 200 watts, for the clarity that the extra headroom gives. Do you know anyone who could loan or rent you a small system?

• Members

OTOH, were this party in an open area, like a park or at the lake, it might not've been loud enough, depending on the crowd. In that situation, I'd want a minimum of 200 watts, for the clarity that the extra headroom gives. Do you know anyone who could loan or rent you a small system?

Love the tip jar sign...

Archived