Updated wedding singer promo (give me your opinions)

Christhee68

• Members

Much better....

but....it's weird that there's no real shot of you other than the close ups of your guitar. I'd put in at least ONE shot of you in full profile or at least showing your face. If it's an audio/video sync issue, then just cut to something like a quick shot of you strumming and smiling in between lyrics.

And I didn't hear anything wrong with the tuning, really. If you hadn't of mentioned it, I would have thought it sounded fine.

• Moderators

Chris, I'm with guido, you still are selling you...so showing yourself, maybe just in the background, would be better...showing just the guitar is pretty weak, btw...I'm jus'sayin'... ;)

Now, the technical trickery: do your shot cuts on the beat in time with the music! Trust me, I have a degree in this stuff ;)

• Members

I think this video needs tighter editing, I would cut in some stills of weddings, also some of you bending down smiling and playing and singing to a cute child who, dressed for a wedding is happily smiling back. These photos are easily obtained from any wedding photographer that you have worked with in the past in return for a referral or two. Also set up the other photo won't take a morning to do. I would also include a videotaped reference from past clients saying how great you were. Just contact past clients and take a simple video recorder with you. Sit them on a sofa, close together and ask them questions that a prospective client would want to know i.e. you would say off camera, "was I easy to work with" they would answer ... You would ask " how did you choose the songs" they would answer etc. then edit it so it appears they are just shooting the breeze about you in a positive way.

I would also remove the live playing and just do a montage of songs and edit them in as background.

Fraid I don't have a degree but ran a successful wedding photography business for years.

All the best Steve

• Members

It's definitely worth re-doing the audio, the guitar
was
out of tune, I found it so distracting that I couldn't make it to the end of the video. It shouldn't be too difficult to put together a reasonable guitar/vocal recording to sync with.

I re-edited the video and then I realized that I couldn't stand the audio either. I re-tuned and re-recorded the audio, this time capo'd on the first fret. I haven't posted it yet.

Archived