OT: Just Got My iPhone

Potts

• Members

LOL.. I purchased my used IPad about 6 weeks ago and love it. There's no need for debate about Apple and all the silliness that this thread has the potential to turn into. Whatever...I just love it! I use it for gigs, around the house, surfing, school and just about everything else.

I'm in a family plan with my brother and some family members and he called me the other day to let me know it was time to get a new phone. I had a Blackberry for forever and got my Iphone today. I love it- I already have it wired and everything from school, band and personal emails are all synced to the Ipad and phone. My contacts, gigs, music and photos are as well. Too bad I'm banging this message out on a PC.

Is it just me or is anyone else pretty much in love with technology? Actual books are about the only thing that I will not allow to move in to the tech age. There's nothing better than an actual book or newspaper in your hand.

So in response to a thread the other day now all my backing tracks are backed up to my phone now ;)

• Members

It's not just you! However, my phone and tablet are Android and do all that stuff for half the price
;)

You know, that's what I thought too. My Android phone was faster and more capable and I was using a Kindle. But for me the Apple user interface is so much easier. It's like it anticipates my next move before I do it. Since I switched over a couple of months ago I'm doing so much more with an iPhone and iPad. I just got tired of struggling with the others. So for me paying double gets me more productivity so I'm content that I'm getting my money's worth. YMMV

• Members

Mike! Knock it off
;)

LOL... IPhone was $49 and first generation IPad was $240.

I was just sayin'.... LOL!

BTW, my Samsung Galaxy phone was $29, and my latest generation Acer A500 with upgrade to Latest Android OS was $200 refurbished!

And boomer, you can't compare the kindle experience with an open Android device running the latest OS ;)

But lets not start this crap up again! Love ya Darrell, but you were just trying to stir the pot with this thread. At least we are both on the same side regarding Bose, LOL!

• Members

But lets not start this crap up again! Love ya Darrell, but you were just trying to stir the pot with this thread. At least we are both on the same side regarding Bose, LOL!

Funny you should mention Bose. To me it's the same logic. It's about user interfaces and price. Bose is simple to use and more expensive just like apple vs others. If you know how to set more advanced gear, you can easily achieve the Bose level of performance for less than half the price. If you don't wanna be bothered and can afford it then you buy Bose. Whatever works for you.

• Members

I think the iPhone is the only gadget I haven't really touched (I work in the gadget industry :)) Honestly it's what you do with it in the end that counts, even if it texting while driving off a bridge :facepalm:.

Working in the industry I love to play with all approaches and design philosophies. Each differentiates itself in what it can do in various ways and there are many strong choices out there. In the end, it's how you do what you love to do better.

Archived