November 2012 S+D Acts Open Mic Thread

pogo97

• Members

We've done this before (thanks, JoshMac) but missed October, so I'll leap in and start it for November. I'm meaner than JoshMac, though, so only five choices:

**Five Guidelines for November 2012**

1) A song from the Caribbean

2) A song written in 1929

3) A song originally written in French (sung in the language of your choice)

4) A song covered by the Beatles but not written by them

5) A song that is a current hit

Instructions:

Post a video or audio recording of yourself performing one or more of the following assignments in a Solo/Duo arrangement. I will post ten new song-guidelines each month, our goal is to post videos that fit within these guidelines. For example one of the choices that month might be "A Song Released between 1967 and 1970" and another may be "A Song originally performed By an Irish Act". Post vids that fit into either, or both categories. I would prefer vids filmed for this thread alone, but if you have a submission that fits one of the guidelines, please feel free to post. Be creative, show the forum what you got.

• Members

LOL.. I'll pass with those restrictions. How about in order to get it going and get some posts we propose something like the following:

• A song

• Something that you can play that's considered a song

• Video or audio should accompany post

As you choose. But 1929 was a very juicy year for songs : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1929_in_music

I hesitate to mention it, but is Key West considered part of the Caribbean?

• Members

This took awhile. I wanted the sound to be better than my wife's camera could record, so I miked it and mixed it in Logic, then replaced the camera's audio with the high quality audio. A bit technological for my taste but good practise. It also took three hours to upload to youTube. From 1929 :

[video=youtube;aqfHMruMJCQ]

Archived