Videos of what I do in bars

Loner

• Members

I thought some of you might want to see what I put on Youtube. My daughter came along and helped film me by pushing stop after each song. I had been trying to video myself, but I couldn't separate the songs on the camera without buying videp editing software (which I might have to do in the future).
I have one of my originals, 'The Rounder' on there, plus some other stuff that's a sampling of my act. My daughter sings on two songs, which are together in one video since no one was over there pushing stop and record.
Please feel free to critique any and all aspects of it. I am open to suggestions. I sure know it ain't perfect!

http://www.youtube.com/user/MikeNicolen?feature=mhee

• Members

Just sat and watched thinking that as I travel a lot across America how happy I would have been to have happened across this bar with you doin your thing. Don't change a thing for me, it was my cup of tea!
Wish I had a big voice like that instead of my little girly one.
All the best Steve
PS wish I still had that much hair as well.

• Members

Thanks to you all! I am in the process of losing the cheesy drum machine. The sounds on my laptop are much better. I should have that worked into the show by Jan. Real drummers just don't fit in that box very well and they stink by the time I pull them out the next weekend!

• Members

I really appreciate the comments. I have seen a lot of your videos, so I have the highest respect for all you guys and what you do, and these compliments really made my week.
My hair is getting thinner too, Steve! When the stage lights start glaring off my scalp I might have to do something different. I have no idea what it would be, since I've had long hair since I was 20.
As for the beard, Todd, I've tried to grow it out before and it just goes every which way. This time I started with a goatee and let the sideburns get wider a little at a time. After 4 months it's going pretty good. If I can just get the mustache long enough to where I don't eat it!

Archived