Let's Talk About Songbook ChordPro

Potts

• Members

Musicians are ditching binders full of lyrics and clunky music stands and replacing them with tablets that normally accommodate hundreds of lyric sheets and backing tracks.  The demand for

• Members

Songbook has done what I need perfectly. A couple mistakes I've made:

On building playlists, you add songs by tapping the song from your entire list. I was thrown off by the check marks that appeared when I tapped songs, thinking that it was an Indicator to say you had played a song already (which would actually be a nice feature). I don't recall how my mind ran through what steps... but " Delete" deletes the file, and does not remove it from the playlist. So don't do that.

I scroll with a Bluetooth pedal. I don't really have a strong preference in scrolling method, EXCEPT that I always forget to start the autoscroll. With the pedal, you don't have to remember. I've actually turned mine sideways to prevent me from accidentally hitting the " back" pedal.

The other wonderful thing about the pedal, particularly if you stick to the set list, which I rarely do. In Songbook, when you get to the bottom and hit the pedal again, it moves to the next song. I absolutely love this when the set list is working as-is. If you don't have tracks, you don't need to reach over and touch the ipad ever.

I would really like to try out an Android tablet and software. Maybe next time I buy a tablet years down the road. Songbook suffers from a similar problem I have with most iOS apps. I always have a much easier time getting to the screen I want on Android when I have multiple buttons to work with, across most apps.

• Members

SLScott86 wrote:

but " Delete" deletes the file, and does not remove it from the playlist. So don't do that.

Make sure you have the recent update. I believe that issue is fixed. It also added a new feature when deleteing an entire setlist. it will ask you if you want to "clear" or delete.

Archived