Line 6 Quality control sucks!!!!

JoeyD

• Members

Well, after much discussion I decided to get an Echo Pro. Money in hand I went to the local stores set on snagging one about 2 weeks ago. No one in town had them in stock. GC said they wren't getting anymore in anytime soon, and neither was the other dealer here in town.

So I searched the net for a good price, all the usual places, and talked to a cool guy at a Huge mail order store (not Musicians Friend).

He got me a better price than I had seen anywhere, so I ordered it, and received it 2 days later.

When I plugged it in, all I got out of it was a low, distorted signal, and NO echo at all, on any preset. WTF???

So I call xx back and tell them It's broken, and 3 days later I get another unit.

This one does the same thing!!!

So I call back, get on the phone with their service dept, who ask "sir, are you sure you are hooking this up correctly?"

Anyway, they get Line 6 on the line, and we all decide they have an unlikely anomaly here, 2 units, to the same customer, both defective. Line 6 guy tells the sales guy, "send him out another one". Sales guy says, we have only one left in stock, I'll ship it. I say, how about plugging it in first before I have 3 dead ones at my house?

He checks the serial #'s of the 2 I now have, and the one he has, and they were all made the same week. Line 6 guy checks with tech staff and tells me they made 200 that week, and have reports of 5 defective units, plus my 2. Probably more like 25......

Sales guy plugs in #3, it's broken, as well. They aren't getting anymore in for 4 more weeks, they are back ordered. They tell me I can send one back, and have the other one repaired locally, but I need to registerit, and get an RA # first, for a broken unit btw, otherwise wait a month. Line 6 won't send me one straight away. They won't be able to fix one of these for a month, they are behind in repairs, as well.

Today I sent back both units, and am waiting to hear if line 6 can send one out to xx right away, so they can overnite it to me. It looks doubtful, though.

If not my refund will be immediate. For the record, the store is being very helpful, and understanding. I'm sure I seem a little impatient, but I'm not waiting a month for this...

This is my first online shopping experience, besides ebay, with NEW equipment, besides my Axess stuff, which speaks for itself. Mario rules.

Joe

• Members

well, they crank those things out like cookies, so it's not surprising. people make mistakes, and cheap foreign labor is comprised of people. sorry to hear about your dilemma...it does suck total ass, but just be patient. i've heard nothing but good things about the echo pro and once it's all worked out, you'll be glad you waited. that, or just get your dollars back and buy on ebay. have you checked with altomusic? they usually have cool stuff.

-jim

• Members

Dude with the gear you have in your sig, why the FuNkyToWn would you polute your signal path with Line 6 garbage? You are better off with a Roctek 25 cent delay pedal than that thang. The only thing cool about the Line 6 pedals or rack gear is the colors... other than that they are a waste of the materials they are made from...:(

Sorry to the L6 fans...

(this concludes my L6 bashing)

• Members

dude, i don't know about you, but once i had a roctek "distortion" pedal and figured out that if you turn it off and on over and over again, it sounds like a crappy wah. oh, it sounded like a crappy distortion too.

roctek rules. anybody that disagrees is gonna get coal in their stocking this time around.

-jim

• Members

O.K.,O.K....

What are you guys using for your main delay, that isn't a pedal, that has no drop outs between preset switching, and that I can have expression pedal control over mix level, and CC button for Tap tempo?

That doesn't cost $1000?

Tuv?

Joe

• Members

Originally posted by JoeyD

O.K.,O.K....

What are you guys using for your main delay, that isn't a pedal, that has no drop outs between preset switching, and that I can have expression pedal control over mix level, and CC button for Tap tempo?

That doesn't cost $1000?

Tuv?

Joe

Line 6 Echo Pro?

Archived