OT: got screwed on ebay - what to do?

• Members

so i bought a stereo receiver for 100 bucks from some {censored} on ebay and he sent me this broken hunk of junk. i might as well have burned a c-note cuz this thing makes sound about 10% of the time and it never works 100%, which is what it was advertised as.

now, i know as a seller you can file a "non-paying bidder" form or whatever and get your listing fees back, but what to do if you're the buyer? i mean, ebay's sure as hell not gonna reimburse me but maybe they can have the seller shot on sight.

-jim

• Members

Ebay is {censored}ed...just like amazon.com, there are no contacts anywhere. But there are somethings you can file that could possibly get you reimbersed. I forget what it is called, but it will somehow charge the seller's credit card and refund it to you. Did you pay with paypal or a money order? If you paid with paypal, then they have something like that too. Otherwise, you'll have to search ebay's help section. But i do remember it because i got a cd sent to me that was mint condition and it arrived cut in half:eek:, the jewel case was unharmed.

Anyways if i find the link i'll post it. First things first though, leave that negative feedback!

• Members

youve got a few options:

a. talk to ebay about it. they probably wont do dick, but if you think its worth it...

b. be a man and chalk it up as another "i screwed up/got {censored}ed" and toss it.

c. get it fixed.

d. turn it into a project.

• Members

Originally posted by Amory_tarr

But there are somethings you can file that could possibly get you reimbersed. I forget what it is called, but it will somehow charge the seller's credit card and refund it to you.

thats some really shady {censored}.

• Members

i paid through paypal, so i'll check that route. of course, payment has already cleared as it deducts directly from my checking account.

i've emailed the guy (mentioned that we can handle this or i'll do what i have to to get my money back...politely, of course) and put in a "personal contact info request" with ebay, which will hopefully provide a phone number for this fella.

ebay rules. it's just that whenever you inject people into any situation, {censored} starts getting {censored}ed up.

-jim

• Members

Originally posted by Banzini

thats some really shady {censored}.

It's so you don't join ebay to {censored} everyone over.

Jim: look on paypal, they definitly have a buyer protection thing. If not, you can get the guys address and phone number as you already said.

• Members

trace down the email address and spend plenty of time and money to find out that it is like some 13yr old kid so you can't go beat his ass or you go to jail.. find some way to salvage it man i am telling you.. i got {censored}ed by the shipper of some switches and now it is in the dead letter office and i can't get it back

• Members

i'm waiting for ebay to hit me back with this punks contact info...if that doesn't work, the auction was protected by paypal's "buyer protection program" which supposedly insures the purchase up to 500 bucks...so, hopefully that's the last-ditch route because i'm assuming that paypal will effectively buy the receiver.

-jim

• Members

jim,

i assume you paid with a credit card?

do not waste your time trying to find the guy through ebay. just call your credit card co and request a "chargeback". tell them you were frauded and they will open an investigation. Same happened to me and i had my money back the same day. This is a standard protection that almost all credit card companies provide,use it.

GL

• Members

eBay and PayPal are actually pretty good about protecting users from such bull{censored}.

Even if you do get your money back through PayPal, contact eBay as well. They'll need to know if someone is ripping people off so that they can revoke his privalages on eBay. Besides, I am quite sure that eBay has some money-back coverage as well.

Archived