Decent G-Major Flange patch settings?

• Members

Hmm what kind of flanger are you looking for - something deep and wooshing? (Ala MXR/ADA) If so doubtful it will happen w the G Major. I tried and tried - even emailed TC and they more or less said they prefer use of a subtle flange. If youa re looking for something subtle, it could probably hack it - good luck and at the very least - bump

Rai //

www.DatsMusic.com

• Members

I thought so anyhow - hence why I got my Mod Pro..btwn that and my Analog Pedals I'm set. I didn;t like the phaser on the G Maj. either - I haven't even bothered w the Flanger orphaser on the G Force - maybe the phaser for a bit but bleh...speaking of which I need to do the update on my G Force...

If you have a switcher maybe go that route Billy - if not you can pick up a GRX-4 from Axess-Electronics for like $200 - that gets you 4 loops, incredibel customer service and an amazing sounding product. Not bad eh ? ;) Good luck man -

Rai //

www.DatsMusic.com

• Members

This is one of the things that really sucks about this unit. I've tried too, and to no avail. You ain't going to be able to get that flange effect you're looking for.

......subtle flange...............gimme a break...............

To me there's not much difference between their flange and their chorus......I wish they would come out with a software update to add a good flange to the G-Major.

Rob

• Members

Originally posted by RobV

This is one of the things that really sucks about this unit. I've tried too, and to no avail. You ain't going to be able to get that flange effect you're looking for.

......subtle flange...............gimme a break...............

To me there's not much difference between their flange and their chorus......I wish they would come out with a software update to add a good flange to the G-Major.

Rob

Hahaha Well put Rob - this was pretty much my exact feeling to a T. Flange/Chorus = WTF is the difference ? And before someone comes in a says well a Chorus is the same thing as a flange w no delay etc etc...:p;) lol

Billy - Which switcher do you have ? Have you -

1) Cut all AC Cables as short as possible - lifting the ground on all units MINUS your amp ?

2.) Kept all audio cables away from power - and when unavoidable made to cross each other at a 90 deg. angle as to not induce hum into each other ?

3.) Sanded off all paint behind rack ears and on rack rails ?

4.) Used iso tabs ?

If you do a search this guy Lonnie who is a pro live tech described in full detail how to eliminate ground loop hums. Mine didn;t even cover everything so - it def. helped my rig which was already quiet - become even quieter. Let us know what switcher you have - good luck -

Rai //

www.DatsMusic.com

Rai //

www.DatsMusic.com

• Members

Yup, same goes for me on my G-major. Though I happen to like the use of subtle flange and phaser. Goes good with alot of the more POP oriented Contemporary Christian Music that is out right now. Like Chris Tomlin for those of you that are familar with him. I have thought about getting a MXR 90 but don't want to spend the $250 for a rack shelf and power supply for the $90 pedal.

• Members

Originally posted by BillyCorgan

I have an Uptown Flash 4x1 and a Great Divide 4.

Thanx for the info.

I'll get my dad to help me with the grounding and cords.

I talked to Lonnie before and it looked like it was gonna be a LOT of trouble. Maybe it's worth one more try
:D

It really wasn't that bad - I mean my rig is quiet it as it is. The only thing Lonnie suggested that I did NOT do - due to my lack of understanding or laziness (think the first) I think he mentioned adding an iso/ground up front by my pedal board. I have the VHT Valvulator 1 on my board - I'm pretty sure I lifted it. I get confused as soon as I hear the word Iso lol - It wasbn't that bad - usually alot of this stuff is way over my head.

But I sanded down my rack rails, sanded down behind my rack gear's ears and any place the units touch (top and bottom usually just a front lip)

I also lifted the grnds and tried to keep all audio/power away from each other. I'd like to check back w Lonnie and see what else he suggests. I know people got rubbed by him the wrong way alot but I he was cool w me and I always learn(ed) something new - cats like Tonedoctor, Jim, Morris, Jabps etc - have helped me all along the way. I gotta touch base w those guys lol I got some Switchblade questions heh...after the holidays. Merry X Mas guys -

Rai //

www.DatsMusic.com

Archived