Got my Ground Control Pro

• Members

I finally got it. I also picked up one ErnieBall VP JR pedal.

It seems to work for a good portion of the travel, but even fiddeling with the switch only yields a little more adjustment.

I will be swapping out the pot for a linear one to see what happens.

The GC didn't program as fast as I thought it would. I thought I had read the manual enough times before even buying it, but I got stuck on a few things.

One thing I still don't get is using an EXP pedal. How do I choose which MIDI channel it transmits on? Right now I only have it working on channel 1 :confused:

• Members

When in Preset edit mode the exp pedal assignment is made towards the bottom of the edit mode "page".

PA.XYZ CTL000

A is the exp pedal number (either 1 or 2)

XYZ represents 0-127, the current position of the pedal. If you move the pedal it should sweep from 0 to 127.

CTL000 is the Continuous Controller number that the pedal will be sending. Lookup the proper CC#'s in your destination units manual.

If you hit the Cursor RIGHT > button once.........you can select the destination of the CC. Assuming you have your MIDI devices setup properly in the global setup you should see the names of all of your MIDI devices in this list. Select the unit you want to send the CC to, and Bob's your uncle.

Jason

• Members

I looked back at the manual and I now see where that was in it :o

I also changed out the pot for a 250K - Linear and the sweep's perfect now.

I had a lot of problems installing the new pot because I couldn't find one the same size. I ended up getting one that needed a 3/8" hole to mount it. The shaft was too long, but that was the easy part to cut. The other problem was since the pot was much larger than the old one, the guts of the pot protruded past the mounting plate, leaving it impossible to mount flush to pedal. I had to shim the bracket with a couple of washers, but then the tension of the belt was too loose:mad:

Finally, I tied a knot in the belt by one of the ends to shorten it and now it all works.

My only problem now is that when I read the position data, it says that the pedal is going from 2 - 120 and if I force the pedal down, I can get a solid 0, and when I mash it forward, I can get up to 125, but not the full 127.

Is there a way to recalibrate the pedal with the GC Pro so I can read the range I have?

• Members

Yeah, if I decide to get a second pedal, I certainly will. I found a pot that was close, but the shaft was too short. I considered turning the bobin around and hope for the best.

I think I know what's causing it. Since I tied up some of the string, then some of the travel should have been affected.

I need to undo the knot and maybe relocate the mounting location of the bracket that holds the pot to maintain the propor tension.

Archived