Jump to content

I'm disgusted of Ld2 yellow from my Tri


Recommended Posts

  • Members

 

Originally posted by bstaley

Try some different tubes.

 

 

 

Now i have Philips 12ax7s..I tried a lot of tubes in Triax and Philips are my favourite..Triaxis is a little dead-sounding...it's like having a sort of limiter/gate that kills dynamics and sensitives..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Snowman3000




Now i have Philips 12ax7s..I tried a lot of tubes in Triax and Philips are my favourite..Triaxis is a little dead-sounding...it's like having a sort of limiter/gate that kills dynamics and sensitives..

 

 

It DOES have a compressor in it. Read about the presence setting, on page 14. http://mesaboogie.com/manuals/Triaxis.pdf

It doesn't say flat out, but that's a frequency weighted

compressor in there, that does that. FYI...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by tuvokzeta9

I had 2 different TriAxis pres from GC about 6 months ago and I hated them both. I could not get a usable sound out of them. It was one of the worst gear experiences I have ever had. I know tons of yall luv the thing but for me it was a complete disaster.

 

 

 

Wow really? Sorry to hear that.The first TRi axis I tried was a series 2 model and the red channel lead was sooo thick mmmmm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by Snowman3000

....It's totally different!!!!....Now i have a IIC+ and it's a lot better...I can get way more gain....
:mad:

Probably i will use triaxis for clean settings...
:mad:
:mad:
:mad:


I'M VERY SICK OF IT!

I read somewhere you have a 2:90 poweramp. Maybe you should sell the Triaxis, then sell the 2:90 to me. :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by Soldano67




Wow really? Sorry to hear that.The first TRi axis I tried was a series 2 model and the red channel lead was sooo thick mmmmm

 

 

Yeah it was the wrong piece for me. I love the idea of the Tri Axis and that is why I went through the process of trying it out for so long. I have an Egnater IE4 on the way so I hope that will work out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by Sick Michael


I read somewhere you have a 2:90 poweramp. Maybe you should sell the Triaxis, then sell the 2:90 to me.
:)

 

 

:D :D :D Sorry Mike...I think i will keep it..It's the best poweramp that i ever tried, i like it more than VHT..

 

Here there are 3 euro 2:90s..(just let you know)

 

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2370184524&category=46657

 

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2369396902&category=46657

 

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2369564261&category=10171

 

 

---

 

Triaxis is definitely an excellent preamp...it only sounds a little compressed/gated...:rolleyes:

Tones are there..it's way difficoult to get them out with a god setting!!!!BELIVE ME!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Originally posted by Snowman3000




:D
:D
:D
Sorry Mike...I think i will keep it..It's the best poweramp that i ever tried, i like it more than VHT..


Here there are 3 euro 2:90s..(just let you know)


http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2370184524&category=46657


http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2369396902&category=46657


http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2369564261&category=10171



---


Triaxis is definitely an excellent preamp...it only sounds a little compressed/gated...
:rolleyes:
Tones are there..it's way difficoult to get them out with a god setting!!!!BELIVE ME!

Cool, thanks for the info! :)

 

Nice Mark IIC clip by the way! I have a Quad and it demands a decent poweramp. Loads of good tones, but I just need to complete the jigsaw, so to speak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

the reality is that the IIc head is always gonna sound more "real" than the triaxis.

 

i had a triaxis/395 rig and my friend would bring his mark III coliseum over and destroy my rig in terms of clarity and realism.

 

as good as the tri sounded by itself, when posted up against the head, it was put to shame.

 

that dynamic voice circuit is a milky joke and not nearly as juicy as the traditional graphic eq on the heads and quad.

 

the rhythm yellow is where the triaxis shined for that hyper clean studio rack tone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I've heard people say that heads are always more "organic" sounding because there's more direct interaction between the preamp and the poweramp stages.

 

The thing that makes the Triaxis shine though is the fact that you can get versatility, an amazing pallette of tones, and you can get them in stereo.

 

Btw, whoever mentioned the Coliseum Mark III head... I'm jealous. :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Eh, the Triaxis isn't perfect, but it does have amazing sounds. One of the major complaints is that it DOES take a LONG TIME to tweak in the settings to your liking. That's because it is not just a plug & play, make one-trick pony type of preamp.

 

The Triaxis still owns many amps out there, but, for specific sounds there are also many amps that'll make the Triaxis have to bow out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

man, i had a triaxis and it really didnt cut it. the {censored}ing jmp1 was better.

 

but anyway, look what i just bought.

 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2368687859&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOAB:US:6

 

 

i like mixing rack stuff with my diezels, that way i can control the levels of my effects. the diezels loops are switchable so i can use them as power amps as well.

 

i also just bought a new mesa recto 2:100 power amp.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

 

Originally posted by stinkfist

man, i had a triaxis and it really didnt cut it. the {censored}ing jmp1 was better.


 

 

That's funny - I just got a JMP-1 and I found that in 30 minutes that it was everything I was NOT looking for! I thought it sounded like a rack mount distortion pedal. The clean sounds on the JMP-1 as well were absolutely horrendous, IMO. To each their own...

 

 


but anyway, look what i just bought.



 

 

Wow, small world. I was considering bidding on that very item, but it slipped my mind. I went back to check on it, and it was over!

 

How do you think the Access performs against the Triaxis?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

 

Originally posted by 62Reissue



That's funny - I just got a JMP-1 and I found that in 30 minutes that it was everything I was NOT looking for! I thought it sounded like a rack mount distortion pedal. The clean sounds on the JMP-1 as well were absolutely horrendous, IMO. To each their own...

 

 

What kinda power amp were you using with it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I ran the JMP-1 into a Rocktron Replifex, and took the outs of that into 2 Marshall Artist 30 heads in the effects loop return jacks. Even tried it straight into one of the heads, bypassing the effect unit. The amps are 2xEL34, approx 30 watts. Then into 2 Carvin Legacy 2x12 cabs. I also tried a Peavey Classic 50/50 power amp in place of the Marshalls. Still not good.

 

OD1 seemed to be the only decent voice in the thing, to my ears. OD2 fuzzed out too much. Both of the clean channels stunk!

 

I was looking for a MIDI preamp that would give me a good range of sounds to cover the ground in the band I play in. For the price, I thought the Marshall should have sounded just a bit better.

 

To each their own, I know. I now have a Triaxis on the way. I'll run it in the same manner described above. If it sounds anything like the one in the store that I tried did, my search is over...

 

...for now anyway... who am I kidding? :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...