Triaxis' secret switches & trimmers!

• Members

I opened my Tri to take a look and i found many ON-OFF switches and trimmers...I really don't know what they regulate! I always wondered if it's possible to get a litte more gain and sustain out of my Lead 2 Yellow just to make it sounds closer to IIC+..maybe it's possible only turning one of that trimmers...May someone give any explanation!?

RELLY CURIOUS 'BOUT THAT!!!!

Pics:

http://utenti.lycos.it/bionuker/central.JPG

http://utenti.lycos.it/bionuker/right.JPG

http://utenti.lycos.it/bionuker/upper.JPG

• Members

Why not call Mesa and ask the techs there??

I have somthing similar inside my MP-1 where I can actully tweek and change the EQ point for the Bass frequency to my likeing. So maybe thats somthing similar?? I could be wrong but just a guess.

Calling mesa would probebly be best. I'd like to know what they do also.

thanks,

Duke

• Members

I really don't know what they regulate!

Its a little known fact that,one of those switches is a tone enhancer.....look for the one that says .....JMP-1.It makes the triaxis sound way better ,almost as good as a real JMP-1.....(duck)....:D:p

• Members

Originally posted by slyder

Its a little known fact that,one of those switches is a tone enhancer.....look for the one that says .....JMP-1.It makes the triaxis sound way better ,almost as good as a real JMP-1.....(duck)....
:D:p

*not impressed with the above post*

• Members

Originally posted by Snowman3000

I'm NOT sure but i think this..

Trimmers:

LD1 = ?

GH = GAIN

TH = ?

TL = TREBLE

MD = MIDDLE

B = BASS

LD2 = ?

P = PRESENCE

On-Off switches:

W = ?

MD = MIDDLE

S = ?

Trimmers:

TL = TREBLE

MD = MIDDLE

BS = BASS

TH = ?

Why do you think these controllers represent those items?

• Members

I have T-4985 so i don't have phat-mod.

I watched very carefully triaxis lead 2 schematic http://www.tubefreak.com/triaxis2.jpg and found some differences with 2c+ lead schematic..

Triaxis lead2 circuit......................2c+ lead circuit

1M (R234)....................................add 680K before.

270K (R272).................................170K

2.2uF (C360)................................15uF

0.22uF (C170)...............................add 22K as pull bright option!

I'm going to replace those components with the original 2c+ values!

I need to find R234, R272, C360, C170 on PCB of triaxis!...If i remember right there are some PCB pics on the net showing where i can find R234, R272, C360, C170. PLEASE HELP ME!

• Members

Don't know where pictures are of the location of those components, many of them can be told by the resistor or capacitor themselves though. Resistors are color-coded with bands that add up to the total resistance. Most capacitors will have the value printed on the side of them.

Good luck with those modifications. I'd love to hear if you do end up getting closer to a true IIC+ tone by changing those values!

• Members

Its a little known fact that,one of those switches is a tone enhancer.....look for the one that says .....JMP-1.It makes the triaxis sound way better ,almost as good as a real JMP-1.....(duck)....
:D:p

I had a JMP-1, and it went away cause it was a POS. Now I'm a happy Triaxis owner. 'nuff said.

• Members

I had a JMP-1, and it went away cause it was a POS. Now I'm a happy Triaxis owner. 'nuff said.

wow, you guys with triaxis sure get yer pantys in a wad over a joke eh?But i guess with all the JMP-1 bashing that goes on round here,fair is fair.say....maybe the JMP-1 went away cause you suck on the guitar and it needed to find someone who knew how to use it properly? hahahaha.....

well, I happen to have a triaxis , 2 jmp-1's and a mp-1 classic. and a couple of other strange beasts from the 80's.The triaxis is seconed in my list, its still very usefull but .....the jmp-1 is best for marshally classic rock stuff,that is what i play the most.Also the JMP-1 is the easiest to program. For me The triaxis is best for jazz and cleaner tones . The mp-1 classic is a good preamp and has all round decent tones, but isnt as easy to use,and there out of business .so if it dies i dont wanna be bothered chasing parts. I just use it for back up,in a seperate rig. Having just one preamp would really suck.so......guess it sucks 2-b-u .:p:D

• Members

wow, you guys with triaxis sure get yer pantys in a wad over a joke eh?But i guess with all the JMP-1 bashing that goes on round here,fair is fair.say....maybe the JMP-1 went away cause you suck on the guitar and it needed to find someone who knew how to use it properly? hahahaha.....

well, I happen to have a triaxis , 2 jmp-1's and a mp-1 classic. and a couple of other strange beasts from the 80's.The triaxis is seconed in my list, its still very usefull but .....the jmp-1 is best for marshally classic rock stuff,that is what i play the most.Also the JMP-1 is the easiest to program. For me The triaxis is best for jazz and cleaner tones . The mp-1 classic is a good preamp and has all round decent tones, but isnt as easy to use,and there out of business .so if it dies i dont wanna be bothered chasing parts. I just use it for back up,in a seperate rig. Having just one preamp would really suck.so......guess it sucks 2-b-u .
:p:D

troll. :rolleyes: you own stock in marshall? jesus christ.

Archived