Midi Controller for Rack System

Adawg

• Members

Whut up ya'll!!

I got a serious question for any bros in here with the expertise knowledge on rack mount systems.

Any ideas on the best ground midi controller for a Rocktron Chameleon? Right now I got a Midi Mouse channel changing but if you know the Mouse, you got to do the dance. Any ideas?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

• Members

Hey i almost bought that one. I ended up getting an old pink art x11 and it's great, nice sturdy switches and clear display.

If you want 2 exp pedals and 10 presets per bank, the behringer fcb1010 seems to be excellent for the price, about 130$ or less, check it out.

• Members

Originally posted by Adawg

Whut up ya'll!!

I got a serious question for any bros in here with the expertise knowledge on rack mount systems.

Any ideas on the best ground midi controller for a Rocktron Chameleon? Right now I got a Midi Mouse channel changing but if you know the Mouse, you got to do the dance. Any ideas??
:confused:

The only way to go is with a BOSS LM-1 Line Selector pedal. Works great!

• Members

Originally posted by realkman666

Hey i almost bought that one. I ended up getting an old pink art x11 and it's great, nice sturdy switches and clear display.

If you want 2 exp pedals and 10 presets per bank, the behringer fcb1010 seems to be excellent for the price, about 130$ or less, check it out.

The problem I ran into with the Behringer is I can't seem to get my hands on a manual to program it. Is it programable?

• Members

don't mind mr. lebon's posting...

the fcb is programmable and there are pretty much two camps regarding the fcb: those who like it a lot and those who absolutely hate it with every ounce of passion they can possibly muster. i fall into the latter.

-jim

• Members

I have an FCB1010. It works great. It's really easy to program. The only problem I have is that I don't need the expression pedals and it takes up a bit too much room, but I got over that and it does the job. Some day I'll probably get a Rocktron All Access or something cool like that but for now the FCB works great and I reccommend it. Good luck!

- Erich

• Members
Originally posted by jimfowler

don't mind mr. lebon's posting...

the fcb is programmable and there are pretty much two camps regarding the fcb: those who like it a lot and those who absolutely hate it with every ounce of passion they can possibly muster. i fall into the latter.

-jim

You and me both Brother!;)

• Members

The Behringer pedal is ok, (for the money) but it's both the worst constructed and least flexable full sized midi control pedal currently made. Considering that you can get a used original version Ground Control for the same price as a new Behringer, you should get the Ground Control. It's more flexable, easier to program and does so much more.

• Members

This really depends on your needs, or more accurately, future needs. It is nice to have a lot of options if you need them, but the Axess MFC5 has three presets per bank, and one master preset. You can do a lot with those four, and it fits in just about any pedalboard, built like a tank, and is much easier than the Behringer that I have. When you step on the Behringer, it feels like the whole shebang is bending. I'm kinda a big guy though. But the Axess works great for me, especially since I don't need mondo button options. SOmetimes too many buttons get in the way of doing what I enjoy, thats actually playing the guitar. But the DMC is a sweet looking thing. It is more money but has a big screen to name the preset. If I went to a large MIDI controller, then likely I'd have more that a few things to control, and all the pedals would be racked, added cost there as well. So its important to decide whats best, full-blown switching system, modest system, or somewhere in between. Otherwords, don't put high speed tires on a low speed auto. My opinion is for small to medium systems, the Axess is an ideal bargin with minimal dancing.

• Members

Originally posted by whammy boy67

I have an FCB1010. It works great. It's really easy to program. The only problem I have is that I don't need the expression pedals and it takes up a bit too much room, but I got over that and it does the job. Some day I'll probably get a Rocktron All Access or something cool like that but for now the FCB works great and I reccommend it. Good luck!

- Erich

Erich -

I have to agree with you on that big ass tank for a pedal. I have an SKB Pedal board with the space for optional rack mount and that pedal don't fit it! Plus the programming was hard to figure out.

• Members

Originally posted by Jazz/Rock

This really depends on your needs, or more accurately, future needs. It is nice to have a lot of options if you need them, but the Axess MFC5 has three presets per bank, and one master preset. You can do a lot with those four, and it fits in just about any pedalboard, built like a tank, and is much easier than the Behringer that I have. When you step on the Behringer, it feels like the whole shebang is bending. I'm kinda a big guy though. But the Axess works great for me, especially since I don't need mondo button options. SOmetimes too many buttons get in the way of doing what I enjoy, thats actually playing the guitar. But the DMC is a sweet looking thing. It is more money but has a big screen to name the preset. If I went to a large MIDI controller, then likely I'd have more that a few things to control, and all the pedals would be racked, added cost there as well. So its important to decide whats best, full-blown switching system, modest system, or somewhere in between. Otherwords, don't put high speed tires on a low speed auto. My opinion is for small to medium systems, the Axess is an ideal bargin with minimal dancing.

Good point bro. The Axess looks exactly like what I am looking for. The Ground control (the one that looks like the All Access Pedal) was the one I was really wanting, but like you said, too many buttons is just too much sometimes.

Now comes the time to choose between the Axess or Ground Control.

• Members

Originally posted by alby

Ann Apple or an apple?

PFCBC (Pro-FCB Coalition)

Where would you be

Without me

Your floor controller nemesis

How is the artistic weather on the other side of the great-white-happy-multicultural-gulag?

Sir, that was beautiful.

this just in: after weeks of snowy uncontrollable rack gear, a warm stream of air in the shape of ART devices coming from the prairies fixed everything and now allows perfect midi control in a more tolerable environment.

• Members

If you can't figure out how to use the FCB1010 then you have issues that go far beyond the gear. It's pretty damn easy to use and the free EPROM upgrades make it worth owning. If you can't find a manual, perhaps you ought to consider typing www.behringer.com into your little web browser and downloading it from there. If that is too painful, then there's the FCB1010 Yahoo user's group where you can get the manual and a free editor for your PC.

Archived