Multiple cable

• Members

Hi, i'm rebuilding my Rack...hoping to get things done better in simpler way. Between my rack and the pedalboard i need the audio cable, the midi cable and a tap tempo cable (jack-jack). The optimal solution would be to have all three calbes tied together, with only separated extremities (like recording multicore cables). It's not indispensable but it would make life easier: do you know if there's someone doing such a cable?

Thank you

• Members

I'd like info on this too. Been thinking about building a break out box in the rack and at my pedal board instead of multiple runs back and forth. The only option I've come up with is hacking a snake up.

• Members

Having multiple cables running around is a pain. I started putting together my own snaked cables and interfaces a while ago. Making a snake is simple and makes setting up your rig so much easier.

I have two snakes in my rig:

1) from pedalboard to rack which contains midi, outboard tuner feed, wah controler cable and 9v for the tuner and wah controler.

2) from head to rack which contains, preamp feed, loop send, loop return and midi.

What you do is take some of the self constricting webbing that you get at good electronics supply stores, the kind that looks like the "Chinese Finger Trap" toys, and run all your cables through it when it's collapsed and when it is released it tightens and keeps all your cables in a nice bundle. Then just lable your cable plugs and you are set. The stuff costs like $.35 a foot so it's cheap as hell. Here is a photo of the one that goes from my head to my rack.

snake.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Members

Hi there !

Right now, i'm building my pedalboard (Midimate, Boos rc20, wah, Whammy talk box) with a metalbox "interface" and a big snake to plug into the rack. I use Harting plugs (don't know if you use that in US, but we do here in france.). But the problem is when you plug the AC and DC power adaptaters... Big BUZZ !!!

I don't really know what im gonna do... Maybe i will use a second snake for the power adaptaters... But now my 40 pins plugs will be oversized :(

An idea ??

How are big pedalboards like lukather's made ???

Thanx

Fred

Archived