beginner rack pic

• Members

Meh, I'm bored, and I have a pic of my rack that is really just in its beginning phase, but i thought I'd post a pic and see what kinda comments I could get. Right now, all it is is a Rockson Power Conditioner, a Marshall JMP-1, and a Peavey 50/50 all in an 8 space rack, but this summer I'm planning on making the money to take up one more of those spaces and buy a G-Major and a better MIDI pedal to control it with my JMP-1. Other future plans include getting a Korg rack tuner and a better power amp that I havent decided on yet.

new_rack.jpg

• Members

How does it sound? Well, good, but not quite as good as it could be. Well, maybe I'm just anal about stuff like this, but I'm planning on improving my sound over the summer as well as grab that G-Major. I need to replace the stock tubes in the JMP-1, I need to replace the speakers in that cab pictured, I need to totally revamp my Epiphone LP and replace all the crappy parts with better ones, but besides all that, I do really like the tone I get. Hopefully I'll be able to make some serious money so I can get all that done. If not, I'll end up picking and choosing what need to be done first. Grrr, so much to do, so little money!

• Members

Originally posted by Bob Greaves

I don't know for sure about the TC GMajor, but the GForce has a built-in tuner which is always visible on the front panel, so you may not need a seperate tuner unit. That'll give you the money for the midi pedal!
:)

Bob is right. It has a tuner built in just like the G Force, and it is every bit as accurate as the rackmount or hand held. So save the cash.

Good start on the rack. If you want I have a brand new G Major I don't need.

Good luck.

PS sorry for the spam....

• Members

Hey, thanks guys for all the posts. One thing about the G-Major, can you mute with the tuner? Also, I thought it was the G-Minor that tuned, but I guess I was wrong.

Search4Tone, I would probably take you up on that offer, but I wont have money for it till this summer when I get a job. Sorry.

Archived