Engl e580 clip (short) Death metal

• Members

Ok, here's a short clip I just made with the 580, run direct into my pc using a sansamp bass DI. Sorry it's so short and sloppy, but It's 6am and I just wanted to slap somethin together quickstyle. I'll hopefully add more to it soon. Hope you guys dig it, and thanks to Derek for supplying the drumtrack.

Mike

http://www.digitalsoundplanet.com/Members/000126206_000016302.mp3

• Members

Dude that was awesome man, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. At first I thought it would be buzzy sounding like alot of other direct recordings I've heard but that sounded awesome. Geese, I want that preamp so bad now, thanks. Great playing too.

• Members

Originally posted by iroc

Dude that was awesome man, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. At first I thought it would be buzzy sounding like alot of other direct recordings I've heard but that sounded awesome. Geese, I want that preamp so bad now, thanks. Great playing too.

Thanks man! read my next reply, it kinda continues with your quote.

• Members

Originally posted by ocnor

Could you maybe post another clip without the bass di and drum track? I would really like to hear the 580 plugged straight into the soundcard. Also could you play something a little slower so we can hear the sustain . Some power chords would be nice. Thanks

I haven't yet been able to dial in a good mic'd cab tone without using the DI box. If your lookin for a good preamp just to be used strictly for direct recording with or without a DI box, I would probably look elsewhere. It's main purpose, and value is when used in a live or mic'd cab recording rig. I wouldn't mind recording another clip that's slower with more sustained parts and without drums, But I would not want to post a clip of this preamp without a DI. I'd hate to post a {censored}ty sounding clip just because I didn't know how to tweak the unit to its fullest. I hope you understand what I mean.

• Members

I understand what you are saying but I wanted to hear the "true" sound of the preamp without the coloration from other devices. This way I would be able to reamp the clip through my own rig and get a better idea of how it would sound with my gear. I know it wouldn't sound exactly the same but I've been playing long enough to know what I'm hearing.

• Members

M.Gilbert,

I personally appreciate this and any other clips that you offer. I've been waiting to hear clips of this preamp and am pretty impressed with what I've heard thus far. I have no problem with the set-up that you used. I thought it sounded decent for a direct recording. If I could make a small request, would you mind doing some clips where you slow down a bit and maybe play some bar/open chords or maybe a slow chunk on the lower strings? Also, if you ever get a chance to mic it up with your poweramp/cab and record that, that would be really cool. Again, thank you for taking the time to do this for all of us.

• Members

Originally posted by ocnor

I understand what you are saying but I wanted to hear the "true" sound of the preamp without the coloration from other devices. This way I would be able to reamp the clip through my own rig and get a better idea of how it would sound with my gear. I know it wouldn't sound exactly the same but I've been playing long enough to know what I'm hearing.

Pm me with yer email and I'll try and get it to you soon.

• Members

Originally posted by srommes

M.Gilbert,

I personally appreciate this and any other clips that you offer. I've been waiting to hear clips of this preamp and am pretty impressed with what I've heard thus far. I have no problem with the set-up that you used. I thought it sounded decent for a direct recording. If I could make a small request, would you mind doing some clips where you slow down a bit and maybe play some bar/open chords or maybe a slow chunk on the lower strings? Also, if you ever get a chance to mic it up with your poweramp/cab and record that, that would be really cool. Again, thank you for taking the time to do this for all of us.

Thanks man, I'll try and get a clip or two how you described within a few days. As far as doin some clips with a mic'd cab, it might be a while. I dont have any means to record at my rehearsal studio :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Originally posted by M.Gilbert

Ok, here's a short clip I just made with the 580, run direct into my pc using a sansamp bass DI. Sorry it's so short and sloppy, but It's 6am and I just wanted to slap somethin together quickstyle. I'll hopefully add more to it soon. Hope you guys dig it, and thanks to Derek for supplying the drumtrack.

Mike

mr gilbert.. could you tell me how many tubes are in the 580?

i downloaded the manual but cant find any info on it. ive been wanting this preamp and found a good price on it. but what did you pay for yours?.. i have a triaxis now and really like it but i

want to try the 580. plus it will look cool in my rack..lol

• Members

Originally posted by millertime

mr gilbert.. could you tell me how many tubes are in the 580?

i downloaded the manual but cant find any info on it. ive been wanting this preamp and found a good price on it. but what did you pay for yours?.. i have a triaxis now and really like it but i

want to try the 580. plus it will look cool in my rack..lol

It's got 4 12ax7's. I paid $2300 for mine. Good luck man.

Archived