MonsterRack Eye Candy

• Members

.......................... ................................

w.............. h.............o................a..........................

words cannot describe....

• Members

Terri has always been my hero.

How are you using the Marshall SE-100?? Just for speaker emulation, or for the power attenuation??

I just bought one for a great price. I don't really need the power attenuation myself, but the speaker emulation should come in handy for home recording with my rack rig.

stilwel

• Members

Originally posted by stilwel

How are you using the Marshall SE-100?? Just for speaker emulation, or for the power attenuation??

stilwel,

I use the SE100 for DI'ing and emulation. The attenuation is really not that good. The THD Hotplate is a better bet for power soak IMO. But preferrably nothing beats raw, unadulterated amp sounds through a 4x12 stack! It's still a rush to feel and (hear?)! :D

• Members

For those of you that couldn't get the pictures to load, I apologize. My server service has a 5MB stream limit and the limits have been reached for the last several days. Opps!:p Sorry about that fellas! It's tapering off a bit now, in case you haven't seen them.

Thanks to everyone for their kind and encouraging words! It's nice to know there are other fellow GAS sufferers out there in search for TONE. (Elusive as it may seem). :(

• Members

Originally posted by morris

Are you getting any help yet? The first step is admitting ya know... Or is this step one? ...Good to see you again! How's life been treating you?

MORRIS!!!

Hi, my name is terri and I have GAS. (everyone...Hi terri!):p LOL

My doctor says "there is no cure for the summertime blues..." so, I'm going to finish another rig and move on.

Life has been strange lately. I don't know if it has to do with the state of world affairs or the war in Iraq, terrorism or what. But the trickledown effect has affected us all in big and small ways. Tours are cancelled, bookings are down, nobody wants to do anything. It sucks out here. :( I'm still planning on finishing the studio and spending this summer in Europe, but I just can't count on anything as of yet. I wanted to visit with Jack Luminous and see his setup but the winter thing got cancelled and man, the whole situation is just grim. (Nice time to write lyrics don't you think. 'Em blues is calling me again.)

:cool:

• Members

Hey Terri,

How's it going.. I gotta say, those are some good looking racksetups you got there, but as sorry I am to say this, they hurt my back just by looking at them.

If you think you have too much gear, it never hurts to pass some over to Dukie here :D :D (joking!)

hope all is well.

take care,

Duke

• Members

Originally posted by Terri

I'm still planning on finishing the studio and spending this summer in Europe, but I just can't count on anything as of yet. I wanted to visit with Jack Luminous and see his setup but the winter thing got cancelled and man, the whole situation is just grim. (Nice time to write lyrics don't you think. 'Em blues is calling me again.)

:cool:

Don't regret anything, Terri. I was a bit late on my planning, my studio wasn't finished at all in December and my rig wasn't even functionnal. We coud have had a good time anyway but now everything's much better... You are still invited !!

• Members

If things work out, I'll see you in July?! God only knows. We'll see. They wanted to put me up in an un-air conditioned apartment with FANS! ARGH!!! Are they trying to kill me?? :eek: I'll definitely keep you posted.

• Members

If things work out, I'll see you in July?! God only knows. We'll see. They wanted to put me up in an un-air conditioned apartment with FANS! ARGH!!! Are they trying to kill me??
:eek:
I'll definitely keep you posted.

terri san,

almost like the old times...morris and jack hanging out here as well.

please let me know, when/if you

• Members

If things work out, I'll see you in July?! God only knows. We'll see. They wanted to put me up in an un-air conditioned apartment with FANS! ARGH!!! Are they trying to kill me??
:eek:
I'll definitely keep you posted.

Hehe... Air conditioning is very rare around here because we basically didn't need it until very recent years when the global warming (or whatever cause it is) really started to kick in. Usually, only offices and hotels for foreigners are equipped... Honestly, I don't know anyone who lives in a air-conditionned house or appartment !!! Normally, the weather is very cool in France... You maybe know the expression "la douceur angevine"... Anyway, don't worry about it. I've seen photos of you and you're definately not looking like 90 years old so I guess you're not in danger of fainting or something !! See you in July...

Archived